A/C vents are blowing out different temps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does Toyota send out these recalls to owners? I always make a point to ask about recalls, etc when I bring the truck in and always they say - nothing due.
technically this is not a recall but a tsb, technical service bulletin. a tsb won’t show up in a recall search.

One significant difference between these and recalls beyond not being obligated to notify every owner is that they typically only cover the fees if the vehicle is still under warranty.

Uneven distribution of cool air is a symptom of low refrigerant. Same thing happens on my 4Runner.

Does Toyota send out these recalls to owners? I always make a point to ask about recalls, etc when I bring the truck in and always they say - nothing due.
I've also called the customer service line from Toyota Owners .com and talked with them where they looked for any applicable recalls, looked through any documentation they had accessible in their system (I think that included TSBs), and were very helpful.

technically this is not a recall but a tsb, technical service bulletin. a tsb won’t show up in a recall search.
So when I go to the dealer for service and ask them to check for any recalls, updates , etc, should they see it so you know?

So when I go to the dealer for service and ask them to check for any recalls, updates , etc, should they see it so you know?
i don’t know, when i walked into the dealer i was already armed with the tsb information.

to update this thread on my fix, my 2nd and 3rd rows now blow cold air at full speed after they applied the tsb.

Many 16+ owners went to the dealer for the transmission firmware update and the dealer had no clue how to find it until the owner researched and provided the TSB numbers found online.

So it seems this isn’t nearly as widely published with Toyota’s information systems.

When I called the dealership regarding the TSB it showed up in the system already probably allocated to my VIN.

Over past 25 years of Toyota owner ship the dealer to dealer experience is not very consistent. All of them have notified me of any recall the moment my vehicle was scheduled for an appointment or after it hit the shop. None have ever notified me about a TSB which according to one dealer is a dealer only document explaining a given set of issue and fixes to said issue along with trouble shooting procedures it is not for customer consumption. I have had 3 different experiences with TSB that I brought to dealers attention. First was pretty easy I told the I was having problem X and Toyota had TSB about this issue. That dealer just applied the TSB and charged me labor, my parents Camry. The second was we have to first do a diagnosis and if we can repeat your issue we will follow the procedure in TSB this is were I got the lecture about TSB not being for customer consumption. This one I was charged for diag and fix (it was Trans TSB for 2016 LC). The last one was this AC TSB that I was sent in mail by Toyota and I provided info to my dealer about it. They did quick check of vehicle and said my was not displaying the symptoms and sent me home. I do not have anything wrong with my AC so I agreed. They did this as add on with scheduled oil change no cost. Same dealers as Trans different service tech. I wonder how Lexus boys get treated on these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom