A/C setup for V-8 Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone or various people post up pics of the A/C fittings at the firewall and at the Condensor. Where the hose from the compressor connects to the firewall and where the hose from the compressor connects to the condensor. (I think I'm saying that correct..I'm to lazy to trot out to the truck and check).

Anyway I need to get my A/C going. I'll be running a GM Compressor, and teh rest toyota. Will need to make up some custom hoses to mate the GM compressor with Yota existing parts.

Don't know if the parts or hoses are differnet among the various year FJ60's Please commetn if you know. My truck is a 86 model.

Last edited:
Don't know if the parts are diff between 60 and 62s but the easiest way would be to just take the rig to the hose shop and have them measure and make on the spot. That is what I have lined up with the local shop here. Here is a couple of pics up close at firewall. Guess its getting about time for the AC down South. Can't wait until I retire and move back to Alabama.
100_2081.jpg
100_2082.jpg

Two more at the evap. Hope the pics help.
100_2083.jpg
100_2084.jpg

Elbert - I just had a local shop put GM ends on Toyota hoses for me. It was pretty simple from what I remember. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my setup before I sold it :(

Philos1...

Yeah thats what I'm looking at now. Not sure who can do that here locally where I live. Do you recall if they just welded the ends? (tig welded) I have a friend who can do that.

When I sold the stock I-6, I made the mistake of letting part of the stock A/C hose go with it, so I'm looking for some used A/C hoses now, to hopefully get some parts. And or I'm going to look at a place "Doc's Blocks" to see what they have as well.

Jacksfj62, I appreciate the pics. I'll go look at my truck this afternoon since its stopped raining to make sure of what connections I'm talking about, I know for sure at least one on on the firewall.

Ck in the phone book for local a/c repair shop I had mine built justdroped it off and picked it up when it was done

I live in small town USA... I've been looking.

Did the shop who did yours...build the hoses from "scratch" or did they use a mix of old and new parts?

Are you running a 5.7 Vortec or another engine?

Ck in the phone book for local a/c repair shop I had mine built justdroped it off and picked it up when it was done

Do you recall if the shop used new fittings or did you rob the fittings off your old hose assembly.

I would rather be using new stuff.

I would be happy to deal with some shop that's within reasonable driving distance of where I live.

Elbert - I just had a local shop put GM ends on Toyota hoses for me. It was pretty simple from what I remember. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my setup before I sold it :(

I live in small town USA... I've been looking.

Did the shop who did yours...build the hoses from "scratch" or did they use a mix of old and new parts?

Are you running a 5.7 Vortec or another engine?

all new cause in south Texas it not worth chancein a broken hose when it hit over a 100 deg for 90 day straigh all the time no A/C sucks I have a 5.3 the Vortec side he had to order .... got pics of yours I have a carb 5.7 truck for parts it has a round a/c compressor we might be able to work out something.. I'll look for my pics

parts_002.sized.jpg

parts_003.sized.jpg

parts_004.sized.jpg

it all worked before the motor went BOOM :rolleyes:

The ends on mine were just brazed together there in the shop - maybe took him half an hour to make the hoses and another bit to hook it all up and fill/test the system.

Kling-on,

You have the old school "good" large GM compressor and what appears to be an old school 5.7.

I have a 5.7 vortec which is a different animal for accessories and the belt drive.
DSC00139.jpg
DSC00297.jpg

That looks like the 5.3 set up other then mines on the passanger side on the bottom .... Those pics are of the parts truck : lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom