A/C service in Houston (FJ60) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a shop in Houston that works on our cars' A/C systems. The system in the '85 FJ60 I recently purchased works okay, but not how it should. It blows cold, but with not much volume. On 1 and 2 it blows as I feel it should (to a degree) and doesn't make a whole lot of noise; on 3 and 4 (particularly 4) it makes quite a bit of noise, making the dash vibrate (I can even see the vibration in the rearview mirrors) - the volume of air isn't much better either. I cleaned a ton of debris out of the area in front of the windshield...I'm betting there's debris in the fan as well as the condenser. All I need is for someone to take a look and clean out what's there. I approached one shop (albeit quite high end) about this, but they want completely remove and disassemble (restore/upgrade) the system at a ballpark cost of $3k. I was never looking to restore the car, just to have it function as well as it can with what's in place.

If I could (semi-easily) do the work myself (without getting into trouble) I'm willing. If there's a shop you might know of that can do it for a reasonable price, I may be more comfortable with that.

Thanks for your time.

you can do this yourself, in the passenger foot well, remove the fan and blower assembly and look at it, it could have stuff in the squirrel cage
a little harder is to clean debris off of the evaporator/heater core area, most likely it is plastered with gunk not letting air flow easily thru it.

you can do this yourself, in the passenger foot well, remove the fan and blower assembly and look at it, it could have stuff in the squirrel cage
a little harder is to clean debris off of the evaporator/heater core area, most likely it is plastered with gunk not letting air flow easily thru it.
Any links on how to do this? I just need some pics and can likely take it from there, but can't seem to find a darn thing anywhere (though I'm betting there's gobs of info hiding from me (in plain sight)).

Any links on how to do this? I just need some pics and can likely take it from there, but can't seem to find a darn thing anywhere (though I'm betting there's gobs of info hiding from me (in plain sight)).

Please kindly disregard. Dropped the fan out of the housing and am cleaning everything out as we speak. Then on to the condenser (though this appears to be far more involved, if not just because of placement).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom