A/C HELP!!! ....LT1 GM System to FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a good running 89 FJ62 with a recent 1996 LT1/4L60E from a Buick Roadmaster Hearse in it. The last piece before I turn it over to the wife is completion of the AC system.
The system as it stands now has stock toyo evap and condenser and uses the GM compressor. I have terminated the AC request wire that sends 12V back to the PCM when the AC button is pushed and the fan is on in the cabin. My A/C guy and I have quite different opinions on how to finish/plumb and wire it. My harness and PCM were done by Brendan at LT1swap.

Does anyone have this setup operating sucessfully? If so can you help me out on the details for plumbing, drier or accumulator and switches and or controls used......simply how you did it?

yes...on a 86FJ60....

stock toyota A/C compressor wire triggers a relay that then connects to GM compressor.

use tach signal wire to feed the wire that connected to the negative side of the coil on the I-6 engine.

In dash controls work to control a/c function.

I use a GM stock hose A/C hose that mates to the GM compressor, and then on the end that connects to the evap core at the firewall I had the hose cut and the right fitting attached, same logice for the other parts or the same hose assembly that connects to the condensor...hose cut, toyota specific fitting installed. Napa shop that builds hoses did this for me. All other items are OEM toyota. I did decide to run R-12 freon.

I don't know enough about the FJ62 to say if there are any differences to be be concerned with..there is another thread thats recent on the same basic subject I'll try and link back here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom