A/C Button blinks sometimes, cannot find the cause, compressor works. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've went through many threads and did not find an answer for 2006 LX470.
My A/C does what many have seen, from time to time starts blinking and no cold air, so I have to click on/off button on the navigation to make work again.
Has anyone found out as why 2006 LX470 does not have MG CLT under the fuse box under the hood behind battery? See the pic.Or is it in a different location?
My AC does this from time to time and R134a level is fine in the compressor. I've thought it was a bit low and after bit charging it (overcharging) it did not work, which makes sense. Then let some out back to norm and fine, but from time to time driving for longer periods it stops and does the A/C button flashing.
The only code from AC diagnostics is rear blower which should not matter especially when it's not in use and it actually works.

2006FuseBox.JPG

This is exactly what happened to my 01 right before the compressor seized. Could be a bad clutch on the compressor too which is what i thought mine was but my compressor ended up seizing shortly after this started happening.

It could very well be the pressure switch. This is how the system knew you had put in too much coolant. If the switch is intermittent, that would explain the sometimes good/sometimes bad scenario.
Thank you for your response, have you dealt with pressure switch? I assume it's on the compressor?
Best J

On the LC it threads into a hard line on the driver's side of the engine bay. I'm not certain on the LX but I cant see why it would be different unless it relates to the auto climate control unit in the LX.

if you hit the recirculate/fresh air button with some combinations of A/C and Defrost it will flash like that telling you hey dipwad I don't do that combination :)

On the LC it threads into a hard line on the driver's side of the engine bay. I'm not certain on the LX but I cant see why it would be different unless it relates to the auto climate control unit in the LX.
Wanted to update this issue, since it looks like the problem has been resolved.
I have located the low/high preasure switch (see pic). It is behind bumper cover and radiator on the drivers side, threaded under the small magnified glass which is supposed to be used for testing AC charge level.
I bought the part from Amazon which is Denso instead of paying stealer price of $100 i paid $16 with delivery (prime)
Screenshot attached.
Caution once old one is removed your R134a is gone. You will need to recharge the system.
So far so good. I will update if any cahnges.

IMG_1874.JPG

IMG_1890.PNG

Wanted to update this issue, since it looks like the problem has been resolved.
I have located the low/high preasure switch (see pic). It is behind bumper cover and radiator on the drivers side, threaded under the small magnified glass which is supposed to be used for testing AC charge level.
I bought the part from Amazon which is Denso instead of paying stealer price of $100 i paid $16 with delivery (prime)
Screenshot attached.
Caution once old one is removed your R134a is gone. You will need to recharge the system.
So far so good. I will update if any cahnges.

View attachment 1495503

View attachment 1495523

Did you run the FSM procedure to determine the old one was bad?

Did you run the FSM procedure to determine the old one was bad?
No. I did not. Figured its easier to change the part, because my LX did not have bad lines as far as I could trace and the relay that people refered to is part of whole electric box which would not go bad likely. Why? Do you think it is still a problem being masked by just changing the switch?

No. I did not. Figured its easier to change the part, because my LX did not have bad lines as far as I could trace and the relay that people refered to is part of whole electric box which would not go bad likely. Why? Do you think it is still a problem being masked by just changing the switch?
No, not necessarily, it looks to be the same as mine, but did it resolve the blinking AC light?

Mine did this when the clutch started going out. It was intermittent at first, but eventually went it became permanent. If you do have to deal with this, I got my OE Denso compressor with clutch for $278 on Amazon.

I would encourage yall to use the FSM troubleshooting when you're working on it, Dr T did a great job of building procedures.

I also cant emphasize enough the importance of the vehicle cooling system being in good shape. The fan draws air through the condenser as well as the radiator, and without it functioning properly, you'll have lackluster performance at low RPM and idle, which can lead to all kinds of difficult to trace symptoms.

Unfurtunately it happened 2 times again. But at this point it could because system was not charged 'properly' - vacumed then filled. I did not even use cauge that connects to high and low port.
I am thinking maybe getting an a/c recharging/vacume system, inexpensive unit and do it. Problem is when you take to a mechanic you have to be lucky to get someone who knows really whats going on and not get riped off.

On my recent trip to Colorado I also experienced the blinking A/C light and it would not blow cold air during this. Before I left I had the A/C compressor replaced and the lines recharged by a local shop so I don't think my issue involves those two directly. I found if I just pressed the A/C button to turn it off, waited a few seconds, and then press it again to turn it back on it would fix itself. It would only happen after driving for a few hours and then stopping someplace but continuing to let the truck run. Since it doesn't happen very often and i's an easy fix for me it doesn't bother me too much, but I'm afraid it may get worse before it gets better.

On my recent trip to Colorado I also experienced the blinking A/C light and it would not blow cold air during this. Before I left I had the A/C compressor replaced and the lines recharged by a local shop so I don't think my issue involves those two directly. I found if I just pressed the A/C button to turn it off, waited a few seconds, and then press it again to turn it back on it would fix itself. It would only happen after driving for a few hours and then stopping someplace but continuing to let the truck run. Since it doesn't happen very often and i's an easy fix for me it doesn't bother me too much, but I'm afraid it may get worse before it gets better.

The AC MG CLT Relay is sticking, maybe?

Because that $10 relay lives inside the Main Junction Block, which Mr T will gladly sell you for $800, plus a few hundred to actually replace it.

2005 LX470 Main Junction Block Replacement
Ic. Thank you for the information. While reading the FSM I noticed that but was not sure hoping that japanese mfgs will not do those stupid things. Had 4 BMWs and as the models became more complicated i gave up on them. Stealers do not fix it properly and DIY become more complex - which is their goal. Sad.

Ic. Thank you for the information. While reading the FSM I noticed that but was not sure hoping that japanese mfgs will not do those stupid things. Had 4 BMWs and as the models became more complicated i gave up on them. Stealers do not fix it properly and DIY become more complex - which is their goal. Sad.

Sadly, most manufacturers are headed in this wrong direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom