Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone interested in running engineer - animas- Cali-hurricane - corkscrew with us this morning?
Probably gonna just make this 110 to hurricane and Cali to animas and back out

I just wanted to make a post from the top of Imogene. Some of the best cell signal I’ve had all week!

So who won all the loot? Where's the pics?!!

Broke a cooling fan blade today on Imogene. Truck is vibrating like crazy!!! I should be ok to make it home...right?

Broke a cooling fan blade today on Imogene. Truck is vibrating like crazy!!! I should be ok to make it home...right?
That’s crazy.... same thing happened to my friend last year on Poughkeepsie in the 97 4Runner. He had to drive it to town and was lucky some parts store had one in stock.

Check your driver side motor mount too. I broke mine on the wall last year and the fan hit the shroud, but broke the shroud instead of the fan.

Just drive it to either Durango or Montrose (depending on which way you're going) and get a new fan at AutoZone, napa, etc.

Apology for hijacking this thread. To make long story short we drove from KY to Las Vegas for vacation/ business conference. Now on the way back to KY but want to detour a bit. We are currently staying overnight in Grand Junction and planning to go to Silverton area for sightseeing tomorrow and overnight in Montrose. I am considering to hit an easy trail. From what I can read here, to Clear Lake is doable in a stock LC, right? Or I should take other trails? Is there a place in Silverton where I can get the latest news on trail condition? Nothing too crazy here as my LC is stock and wife is afraid of heights. I do have KO2 and truck is lifted a bit. Appreciate any advice!

Great year at HIH! My little one had a few meltdowns every day, but such is life for a 2 year old. Altogether I think the family did well. My wife is already excited about the Ladies Run next year. I'm hoping she can lead again!

Lot's of good photos and video this year. Hopefully we'll have a place to share.

Apology for hijacking this thread. To make long story short we drove from KY to Las Vegas for vacation/ business conference. Now on the way back to KY but want to detour a bit. We are currently staying overnight in Grand Junction and planning to go to Silverton area for sightseeing tomorrow and overnight in Montrose. I am considering to hit an easy trail. From what I can read here, to Clear Lake is doable in a stock LC, right? Or I should take other trails? Is there a place in Silverton where I can get the latest news on trail condition? Nothing too crazy here as my LC is stock and wife is afraid of heights. I do have KO2 and truck is lifted a bit. Appreciate any advice!

My first year of HIH was in a stock '99 LC with 33" KOs and the factory rear locking diff. We did Black Bear, California/Corkscrew, and I think Engineer. Most the trails in the area are plenty doable in a stock LC with 33s.

You will want your running boards removed, though. Those would get bashed up pretty easy.

Ophir is super easy, especially going from Silverton to Telluride.

Clear Lake is easy, but maybe a bit boring compared to the views on some other trails in the area.

For trail status, check here: San Juan National Forest - Alerts & Notices

Last Dollar is real easy and good views but is a bit of a hike from silverton. Ophir is easy too but you'll be on some shelf roads that can look scary but really aren't. Maybe taking 110 out of silverton and taking hurricane pass and California gulch into Animas Forks might be the way to go. Then just come back out the same way or you could come back out thru corkscrew if you feel up to it.

It's actually over. Hard to believe. The last month of my life has been consumed with repairs, upgrades, and obsessing over the forest service trail closure web page, not to mention the days spent traveling to get there.

I'm sitting in the plush comfort of a Best Western and missing the atmosphere of the camp and the camaraderie of our group. @LonghornLX @CreasyBear @atnolan94 @DirtDawg @aaronrules and now @Sargy made this a trip to remember. We decided that the crazy thunderstorm on night one was a perfect time to BBQ some WalMart steaks. When our favorite trails were closed with snow we improvised and had a blast. We got stuck on the top of Imogene in the weirdest hail storm ever. We wheeled the crap out of our station wagons (and one rental Tacoma).

The raffle was awesome as always. Thanks to all the vendors who donated! I won the steering rack from the local cruiser head and it couldn't have come at a better time. Alignment shop told me last week that my rack was too worn out to align my truck. Amazing.

We finished off the trip with steak and eggs and manmosas. It was a great send-off for our group. It was sad to see everyone leave and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Special thanks to @LonghornLX for letting me and my boy tag along when the wife took my LX to Ouray for a couple days. I knew I was smelling a bit ripe when you opened the windows and sunroof. :p

See y'all at 10!

Had a blast again! Great to see old friends and make new ones. I'm totally stoked over winning the dissent rear bumper considering I busted the stock bumper last year towing my m416 trailer over medano pass and spent my rear bumper money replacing the transmission last month!

Of course, driving through TX means a mandatory stop

IMG_20190729_105429803.jpg

So, 2006/2007 100 series have 7 blades radiator fans. I’m stuck in Silverton still with the closest fan around being 4 days away. Can I remove the fan and limp it home? Can I just break the rest of the blades off and limp it home if I can’t get the whole assembly out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom