For Sale 98 UZJ100 Oshkosh, WI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bought it less than a year ago. https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/98-with-280k-rear-locker-some-rust.784297/

Had 280k then, 290264 right now. 10k in 10 months- it gets used!

The good: It runs and drives daily on a 25 mile interstate commute rain, snow or shine. It all still works, runs great, drives great, cools great (88 deg today). It is current on maintenance, PO gave me a pile of receipts and I have done what has been needed since. Doesn't leave a single drop in the driveway, doesn't burn a drop between changes. Tires are 65% highway tread. I have and will drive it anywhere, so has my wife. She drove it the first 5 months and I have driven it since.

The bad: Previous owner might not have been much of a "car guy" Truth is this thing has rust on all panels. It has hail on all panels. It has door dings on every door. The ARB bumper looks a bit rough and the pipe that you would mount a winch to needs to be replaced to mount a winch. Face it, nobody is going to put a winch on this with these tires! The interior door panels he mentioned are duct tape on both rear doors. No big deal at all, if it bugs you there are panels for sale on 'mud every day.

So I'm looking to sell this for to somebody looking for a super comfortable daily driver. It is reliable like a cruiser should be. It is ugly like many cruisers are. It is also CHEAP!

I had it on Craigslist locally for $4500, didn't go. I invested more than that, I've done complete front wheel bearing service, serviced all the calipers (no seals, knocked everything loose, cleaned up, lubed), rotated the tires twice, three oil changes, rear universal joints, knocked the rear shaft apart, cleaned out old grease and started over. Serviced the diffs, t-case and trans. I replaced the ignition switch- it left my wife sitting with the kids in the middle of winter. It NOW has two door keys and two ignition keys.
Rear locker worked last time I tried, no use for it on the interstate. Stock radio works.

Should be the cheapest hundy around. Buy it. I'm buying a plow truck. Send me a PM. I can assist with shipping, it will drive anywhere, can assist with airport pickup.

Short version- great, cheap UZJ100 in Oshkosh, WI $4250 OBO

Make an offer. Asking price gets fresh oil change and a full tank for the ride home.

2014-07-28 10.13.27.jpg

2014-07-28 10.13.53.jpg

2014-07-28 10.14.22.jpg

More pictures
2014-07-28 10.14.28.jpg
2014-07-28 10.14.28.jpg

2014-07-28 10.14.37.jpg

2014-07-28 10.14.32.jpg

2014-07-28 10.14.46.jpg

Hank - PM sent.

PM returned.

$4000

Where's the rust? Doesn't look too bad...

A little everywhere. Rockers, fenders, roof, doors. It isn't structural but it isn't worth fixing either. I'd bet my honesty is scaring most people away, sucks but I want to sell it based on value for what it is-a driver with the ultimate comforts. A winter beater that works all year. A third vehicle, a super safe first set of wheels a 16 year old can't hurt, a hunting truck, a vehicle for the ex you don't want to kill but you don't want to spoil, a cabin truck, the fishing vehicle. Heck, part it out. It is worth more apart than together, until you realize the value of having reliable wheels to take you anywhere that you absolutely have to TRY to hurt.

Pm returned

Last Timing belt at 203k, service receipts from P.O. that would make a person sick to add up. 13,000 mile until timing belt needed and that is only if you are a timing belt Nazi. 13k is way more than a year for most drivers. For what many of these rigs are going for I could fix and paint this truck!

PM replied, messages with my phone # left at both #'s provided.
Thanks.

Sale pending clearance of check.

Done sold gone. Thanks 'mud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom