Hermès, The Adventure Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is your truck sahara gold or silver? Some pics look silver, some gold. Trying to decide on black or bronze wheels on my (gold) truck.

Radiator - $547 - is that an OE replacement? Replaced mine last year with a Denso ($150 from rockauto) sadly it is stamped “made in china”
Should last, but will go with aluminum tank radiator if this starts to crack. 3rd radiator in 300k miles. My 200k truck is on #2.

Sounds like an awesome trip - do you have a blog or something to follow? How are you getting around the Darian Gap?

Kevin.

It’s the champagne color

Yes, it’s an OE radiator. I replaced with OE as much as possible so as to not worry (as much) sorry to hear about your luck with radiators. No fun!

As far as documenting the trip. Yes, we are starting a YouTube channel and Instagram account to document our journeys. This goes against my very private lifestyle but has been overwhelmingly requested by friends, family and Internet strangers so we shall give it a go! Hoping to get some support for all the camera equipment I’ve purchased. :D

We aren’t driving through Central America. Shipping from Houston to Cartagena. We have spent a lot of time in Central America/Mexico and don’t feel it’s worth driving through for this trip.

I’ll post more details here when we are closer.

Here's some updated photos. Got it cleaned up today for new graphics being installed this week.

Still to come: Long Range tank, Scheel-Mann seats, dissent rear bumper with camp kitchen, and some other goodies :)

486A0008.jpg
486A0016.jpg
486A0015.jpg
486A0013.jpg
486A0010.jpg

Excellent work. It will serve you well on your trip.

Who makes that fridge slide?

Subscribed. This is a true inspiration.

What’s your opinion of that tent so far? Does it “fit” the cruiser or look out of place and bulky? Do you notice it up there driving/wheeling? Looks like the only hard shell option for a family of 4 basically.

Alrighty, we are now past the point of no return!

Our home in Colorado is officially sold and we are renting back until our departure of June 10. This gives us a little time to get things in order prior to the trip.

The final upgrade for Hermes The Adventure Cruiser happens at the end of may out in Colfax, CA where I'll meet up with @benc to install a new rear bumper with camp kitchen. My family of four is getting very excited! We did a test run in Moab last week to escape the snow and everything went great and gave us renewed confidence in our plans.

Be sure to subscribe for updates!

Journal: OverlandTraveler.com
Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCaCJ1oDN7o7itMEygXcax_w

Also, A LOT of people have been asking for a review of the Roof Nest tent and I'm not quite ready for that yet. I will post here when I am though. I do have some first thoughts that I will share however. Some of the small hardware underneath don't appear to be stainless steel as I'm already seeing some rust. Namely the tiny springs for the ratchet clamps. The foam mattress (as expected) is not comfortable and we never even used it for camping. I took it out and put in some high quality air mattresses that collapse with plenty of room inside the tent for things like blankets. Setup of the tent is extremely fast and is a game changer when arriving to camp late (especially with two kids). Packing up the tent is a PIA on a lifted vehicle, though I'm sure I'll figure out the nuances over time. Again, this is not a review of the quality of the tent. I still need more time with it so stay tuned!

Utah-Test-Run.jpg

Do you have an Instagram account? I subscribed on YouTube but IG is great for exposure (and reminding me to check my YT subs...).

Do you have an Instagram account? I subscribed on YouTube but IG is great for exposure (and reminding me to check my YT subs...).

Thanks for the reminder @thezbone! Instagram : @overlandtraveler_

These accounts are all very new right now, but we are headed out full time to fill them up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom