'97 Front Diff Breather (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hobbes

SILVER Star
Threads
I extended all my breathers up to my firewall today. Thanks to Beowulf for the writeup on SOR. :cheers:

My '97 (July registration off Carfax), has the "new" front diff plastic breather filter. The rear breather was the same design as my 40. I didn't try to disassemble the front breather since it was mostly plastic. Near as I could tell, there is two way airflow through the filter connected to the front diff (ie no check valve). Please don't ask how I know this. :rolleyes: I used it as the "final filter".

Am I correct in that the "newer" design does not need mods like my 40 (or the rear diff breather if it was used)?

What is the address of the write up?

Thanks,

Hobbes,
Most just stick a small filter on it like a lawn mower filter.

Some day I will get around to actually doing this. For close to 3 years now I've had the hose and fittings in the truck. :whoops: :D

Here is the address for B's write up: http://www.landcruisin.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000896
It's one of the first things you'll see on the SOR site.

Junk, I am all about the filter. So that is my question. It is my belief that I have a factory filter that is suitable for the masses. Why buy a new one when the factory one is attached (then moved)?

I believe you can use the front one but I didn't because it was too big. I modified the rear breather and mounted it on the left side of the engine bay as shown in the pics.

Wasn't that post moved here to IH8MUD with some more pics?

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom