97 80 looking to buy need advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TOY350

#1 Super Guy
SILVER Star
Threads
Have this 80 lined up and need some input to see if it is a fair deal.

97 Anniversary Edition
96K Miles
No accidents/body work
Locking diffs
Sun roof
Interior clean/no tears from pics
From WA (no visible rust on frame/door jambs/exterior)

Missing 3rd row seats (I need them)
Missing running boards (Slee sliders would replace anyway)
Dent in rear drop gate (see pic)

Price is $12,500.00

Thanks,
TOY350
Mud 80A.jpg
Mud 80B.jpg

I think its a fair price for what you get. 3rd row seats are rare, from what I've seen so its a bummer they arent there. If there is no accident history I'd say buy it!!!

a whole bunch of folks just gushed in another thread about how they never use their seats. Should be possible to find some.

but more important to get info on the mechanicals...!

As long as there aren't any serious mechanical issues, I'd say go for it. Thats a good price for the mileage and lockers. A lot of us have the 3rd row seats sitting in our grarage taking up space. Should be able to find some.

Its a POS. Go buy a Heep!

TOY350 said:
Have this 80 lined up and need some input to see if it is a fair deal. 97 Anniversary Edition TOY350

Hey. That truck is emerald green, but has a "Collector's Edition" badge on the back, right? Yet you called it an Anniversary Edition. 40th Anniverary Editions were reserved to Antique Sage green and Emerald green only and neither color was used for the "Collector's Edition", to my knowledge. I only point this out because based on the pics and your description, you may have a truck that you think is an Anniversary or Collectors Edition that is neither. Its not a big deal (unless you are hung up on the names) but if it is a result of a repaint or body damage or something, it might be worth getting clarified.

Does it have two-tone leather seating...does it have a badge on the dash with a serial number, and does it have and "Auto" button in the center of the AC/heater panel?

You may find that you have a rare hybrid that was supposed to be a 40th and got splattered with CE badges instead.

Jim -

If I'm not mistaken, the emerald green was available on the CE. When I went shopping for my truck, one (with lockers) that I wanted to buy was green and a CE. Ended up getting the Dune without lockers, but the green was certainly available in NJ.

If my eyes don't deceive me, you can also see the black chrome symbol that was another feature of the CE.

is that the one I sent you the info on? nice looking rig.

Thanks for all the info guys. It is Collector's Edition not Anniversary. I am going to pass on the rig because there is NO vehicle service history known. Yes it is the one 3 Pup gave me the lead on. It is from WA and now in Montana and will be on ebay this evening. I am giving LandyLover the contact info because he wanted a chance at it if I didn't get it.

Thanks again guys!

The guy selling it picked it up from a bank repo. He sells Toyotas in Montana and was a very cool guy after talking to him about it. It is going on ebay tonight without a reserve and the item number shouled be 4564889946. He doesn't know the service history but advises that there are no leaks and all electrical accessories work fine.

Scamper said:
If I'm not mistaken, the emerald green was available on the CE.

Typical Toyota, they couldn't keep anything unique or exclusive. Just another example of how the whole 40th Ann and CE thing was a spur-of-the-moment brain fart from TMS to help dump the 80s in 1997.

Ha, funny I looked and chatted with the owner of this one too. Even thru in a few bids on Ebay but it appears that as of tonight, the vehicle was yanked from Ebay. The seller was indeed a very nice person and took the time to answer a lot of questions.

There was some concern though, broken headlights, damage to rear, and no 3rd rows. I think the asking price may have been a little too high for those issues. Oh, and yes, the bank repo thing would scare me as well but he assured me all was well.

Well on to the next one!

looked pretty good to me.. yet as we all know.. looks can be decieving...

i.e.

women with sunglasses
women facing away from you

what do they say? "good from far but far from good?" heh heh..

WildYoats said:
... Even thru in a few bids on Ebay ...!

Me too, even though I passed at 12.5K I would have paid 10K. I emailed him to see why he pulled it, wanted to see if a Mudder bought it outright or not.

Bank repo all kinds of dents and broken stuff . :confused:
I feel if you cant pay/takecare of it , do you really think doing the mainitance was high on the list of things to do other then putting $5 at a time in the tank :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom