'96 LX450, working towards and offer in Phoenix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I believe I may have found the one. 96 LX450:princess: , 126,000mi, locked. Lived it's life in Santa Fe then Tuscon then Phoenix. The Lexus Dealer showed that it had the 60K done and a butt load of regular oil changes. I haven't paid the money for Carfax yet.

The current story on it is that it is owned by a Toyota Mechanic who got it for his wife one year ago but her job has changed and she drives all over so he got her a sedan.

He says he has recently done the plugs, fluids, front bearings (not a full birf job) and it has new brake pads.

He's asking 13K OBO, KBB shows 10,225 for one in good condition.

What do you all think is a good offer?:confused:

Would really love to hear from a local who would be generous enough to take it for a test drive? PM me.

TR

Last edited:
Might try posting in the clubs section for Arizona.

Does it have lockers. IF it has lockers, I would say $9-$11K depending on condition. If it doesn't I would walk. This is based on the miles. BUT, it also comes down to what its worth to you. If it is excellent condition and is "it" than that would modulate the price up a bit to maybe $12K.

Thanks Romer,

I went ahead and posted in the club section. This Locked LX is the same color as yours. It'll be the your truck's little brother for bit though if I get it.

TR

TR,
There was an LX in the Sunday paper last week. Sounded nice from the ad but I didn't call.

-B-

Beowulf said:
TR,
There was an LX in the Sunday paper last week. Sounded nice from the ad but I didn't call.

-B-

Beo,

I believe I know the LX in question. Low miles, lockers, went to look at it. It appeared as if the lady enjoys feeling her way into parking spots. Scratched, dinged, gouged, oil leaks from all over the engine. Some of it could have been just plain dirt collected and lack of wiping up small oil spills. I discussed what the woman was asking and she started at $18K. Later she went down to $13K. I mentioned that the inside and out including the engine was "Rough" (even by filling out the online KBB guide), but she is holding firm on a NADA or KBB assessment of "Good" to "Excellent".

I think she may be on crack.

TR

After seeing how nice your 4Runner is, you'll want to hold out for an LX in better condition than hers. When I was looking 5 years ago, the LX's were generally very well kept.

I only came across 1 LX that was in poor condition and the owner chain smoked cigars. It gagged me the second the door was opened. I had to hold my breath most of the very short test drive. I should have walked away but I had driven 50 miles up to Santa Fe to see the darned thing so the least I could do was drive it a bit.

-B-

Beowulf said:
I only came across 1 LX that was in poor condition and the owner chain smoked cigars. It gagged me the second the door was opened. I had to hold my breath most of the very short test drive. I should have walked away but I had driven 50 miles up to Santa Fe to see the darned thing so the least I could do was drive it a bit.

-B-

Ha, Ha! Looking in the window if this ladies, I thought the interior was covered in ash....It turned out to just be dirt and dust.

TR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom