‘94 KZJ78 Tie Rods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day y'all! I am looking for the steering tie rod with part number: 4546160092. Partsouq, Amayama, Megazip, etc don’t have any in stock and I can't find a cross referencing part for it. Do any of you guys have any alternatives that will work with a '94 KZJ78? I am also looking for the rear tie rod with P/N: 4545160111 but my main priority is the first one (front). I did a rough measure of the rods themselves and found that the front is about 85cm and the rear is about 92cm and much thicker.
Any information will be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time.

You might be able to find one used, there are Prados being parted out occasionally. Are yours damaged?

You might be able to find one used, there are Prados being parted out occasionally. Are yours damaged?
I have been on the lookout for any being parted out but I haven’t seen any yet. The tie rod ends are what I need to replace since the boot is work and leaking grease. I have the replacements already but they are seized to the rod pretty good. I have them soaking in penetrating fluid and see if that will let me get them out but in the meantime I thought about getting new everything. I wanted to know if anyone found a suitable replacement that will work too.

Mine were pretty seized as well. I used a torch to get them toasty hot and then a 24” pipe wrench and bench vise to unscrew them. When reassembling I thoroughly cleaned the threads in the tie rod and applied anti-seize to the tie rod ends.

Mine were pretty seized as well. I used a torch to get them toasty hot and then a 24” pipe wrench and bench vise to unscrew them. When reassembling I thoroughly cleaned the threads in the tie rod and applied anti-seize to the tie rod ends.
That’s what I am planning on doing if I can’t find a replacement. Although the only sort of torch I have is one of those bernzomatic and I hope it gets it hot enough. I intend to apply a ton of anti-seize as well lol

If you're desperate you can go with AutoZone for aftermarket parts, the tie rod ends cross reference with the 90's north American landcruisers. Good luck

I replaced all tie rods and radius rod ends on my LJ78 last year. My bernzomatic torch was enough to heat up a few of the seized ends and a pipe wrench helped to get it off. Loads of anti-sieze went on afterward to make life easier for the alignment guy or next owner.

I ended up using Sankei/555 parts instead of OEM:

SANKEI SE-2953L
SANKEI SE-2742
SANKEI SE2951L
SANKEI SE-2751

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom