SOLD 93 FZJ80 - 57K Miles - Excellent shape (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scroll to bottom for pic links

Still not excited about putting this up for sale but I have got to downsize the fleet. Selling my 93 FZJ that I have owned since Oct last year. Mileage is currently 57,xxx. I have put approx. Been my daily driver for nearly a year and no issues whatsoever. Im the second owner, the original owner was located in southern California so it has been spared from the rust that most of the northern and eastern trucks exhibit.

Some details

The exterior is in great shape, the hood and roof have been repainted. I suspect the southern California sun didn’t do any favors to the parts of the car pointed skyward. I tried to get detailed pics of the paint to show its condition. There is one very small rust bubble under the paint on the rear hatch glass. Other than that there are a few minor dings and scratches that just come with being driven but nothing unexpected for age and mileage

Interior is in fantastic shape. The original owner told me they had the front seats recovered but I cant tell. The southern California sun struck again and the dash has three cracks in it. I tried to get a used dash but that one was damaged in shipping and I just decided to live with the cracks.

The undercarriage is flawless. There isn’t a bit of rust underneath and the suspension that I didn’t replace during the lift is in great shape. Installed OME medium duty 3 inch kit and 285/75-16 BFG AT2s. Brakes were inspected when I did the lift and the pads are approx. 50%. New Toyota OME pads and rotors for front and rear will be included with the vehicle as well as original suspension removed when I lifted it.

I replaced the factory radio with a pioneer double din unit, it is android auto and apple car play compatible. The factory unit LCD was out and the volume knob was broken so I decided to modernize it a bit. The speakers were replaced with pioneer shallow mounts to retain factory look on the door cards. I wanted to retain the stock look of the interior. The radio was installed without damaging the factory wiring so a stock unit could be swapped in and the factory amp hooked back up. I also have kiddos and am used to using a backup camera for safety so I put one in as well.

I am really happy with this truck but I have to many cars and one needs to go or I wouldn’t be parting with this one. I have tried to get many detailed pics but let me know if there is anything you wasn’t to see specifically. I hope that someone gets this vehicle who will really appreciate it and take care of it. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

I have uploaded a running tally of the records i have as well as original record documents

Pics linked to google photo album here. I tried to get plenty of pics. There is also a cold start video with a quick walk around in the album. The pics were taken outside and in my garage, the interior shots are much better if you keep scrolling in the album.

Price is $26,500.

Update from previous sale ad. Someone backed into my left rear bumper cover and damaged it. It was replaced using OEM Toyota parts and professionally installed by a body shop here in Memphis. I have included a pic of the damaged corner and how she sits now (please disregard the dirty exterior, with a good wash she would look just like the photos linked above. New pics here that include damage and repair

DSC04465.JPG

Attachments

• 93 LC docs.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 199
  • 93 FZJ80 records.pdf
    39.3 KB · Views: 177
Hi- So do you have the maintenance history from the original owner and records? I'd like to talk to you more. I'll PM you my number.

I do. Didnt know the PMs weren't working I'll shoot you a message. Feel free to call, im available most of this weekend.

Sure is. Let me know if you have any questions.

Confused - You have this same posting on Craigslist in Los Angeles asking $33k and you say the car is in LA. This post makes is sound like the car in another state. Where is it located and why the price variance?

@TimFJ62 judging by the All Caps in CL ad it is probably a scam....
GLWS

Yeah, that's not me. Vehicle is here in Memphis and is for sale for 26,500. Not sure what that's all about.

****THE CRAIGS LIST **** AD**** IS NOT A SCAM EVERYBODY.
I POSTED IT, AS I AM A FRIEND OF THE SELLER, AND I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES, WHERE THERE IS A DIFFERENT MARKET FOR THIS TRUCK.
AS YOU ALL SHOULD ALREADY KNOW, $26,500 IS A BARGAIN FOR THIS FZJ80. YOU WILL NOT FIND A NICER TRUCK IN EXISTENCE TODAY LIKE THIS SPEC.
SHE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY, IN FACT, I BELIEVE SHE IS WORTH MORE TO A PRIVATE COLLECTOR, THUS BEING SAID AND DONE, YOU MUDDERS SHOULD SEIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY, AS THIS IS LIKE BUYING A NEW FZJ80 IN 2018, FOR $26.5.... LETS BE HONEST, YOU CANT EVEN GET A RAV4 FOR THIS PRICE, SO ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, I WANT TO GET MY BOY ALL THE $$$ FOR THIS TRUCK, AND THIS SHOULD HIGH LIGHT WHAT A BARGAIN PRICE SHE IS POSTED ON HERE FOR!!!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYBODY, AND LETS KEEP THE ENERGY POSITIVE, AS THE NEXT BUYER IS TRULY GETTING A RARE GEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Confused - You have this same posting on Craigslist in Los Angeles asking $33k and you say the car is in LA. This post makes is sound like the car in another state. Where is it located and why the price variance?
TIM,
THE AD SAYS IT IS IN TN....
I LIVE IN LA, AND POSTED THIS AD FOR THE SELLER, TRYING TO HELP HIM OUT, ITS SIMPLY THAT SIMPLE, SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION...
AND YES, THE MUD AD IS A SPECIAL PRICE FOR MUDDERS!!!!!!
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE SELLER IF YOUR INTERESTED, SHE IS A GEM, AND NOTHING LIKE HER WILL MOST LIKELY BE AVAILABLE ANYTIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE.... AN APPRECIATING ASSET THAT CAN ALSO BE TREMENDOUSLY ENJOYED DAILY = PURE MAGIC!!!!

A 1997 40TH IN BLK/BEIGE SOLD ON MUD, I BELIEVE IN NOV 2017 TO THE BEST OF KNOWLEDGE FOR $48,500 USD.............

SOMETHING TO PONDER, YES I KNOW WE ALL DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF LOOT TO SPEND ON TOYS, BUT IT SHOULD ONLY BOLSTER THE SELLERS REALISTIC PRICE FOR THIS BEAUTY!!!! BEST OF LUCK JON!

****THE CRAIGS LIST **** AD**** IS NOT A SCAM EVERYBODY.
I POSTED IT, AS I AM A FRIEND OF THE SELLER, AND I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES, WHERE THERE IS A DIFFERENT MARKET FOR THIS TRUCK.
AS YOU ALL SHOULD ALREADY KNOW, $26,500 IS A BARGAIN FOR THIS FZJ80. YOU WILL NOT FIND A NICER TRUCK IN EXISTENCE TODAY LIKE THIS SPEC.
SHE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY, IN FACT, I BELIEVE SHE IS WORTH MORE TO A PRIVATE COLLECTOR, THUS BEING SAID AND DONE, YOU MUDDERS SHOULD SEIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY, AS THIS IS LIKE BUYING A NEW FZJ80 IN 2018, FOR $26.5.... LETS BE HONEST, YOU CANT EVEN GET A RAV4 FOR THIS PRICE, SO ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, I WANT TO GET MY BOY ALL THE $$$ FOR THIS TRUCK, AND THIS SHOULD HIGH LIGHT WHAT A BARGAIN PRICE SHE IS POSTED ON HERE FOR!!!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYBODY, AND LETS KEEP THE ENERGY POSITIVE, AS THE NEXT BUYER IS TRULY GETTING A RARE GEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me get this straight. You posted this 80 for sale, thousands of miles away, priced over 20% higher, without mentioning it's located in Tennessee? AND without notifying the actual seller?

And the all caps typing is not helping your 'I'm not a scammer' comments. I don't think you're helping @jstigler's sale.

My Apologies for the confusion. Caps is not meant to yell, rather many people have poor vision, and it was meant to be clear for all people to be able to read.
This is a for sale ad, nothing to get all upset about. Forums and other means of sales really do not conflict when the forum is where the best available price is. I was just trying to help a friend out, no big deal. We have plenty to things to gripe about it today, this should be a positive and exciting experience for the both the seller and new buyer, and for the final comment. A 57k mile mint condition FZJ80 is worth $26,500 any day of the week, we just haven't found or connected with the right buyer yet, and that doesn't mean it won't happen, nor does it mean it is over priced. This is one of Toyota's best renditions that is just aging very well, and I simply wanted to help the seller reach many markets. Hey after all, everything's negotiable..... My sincerest apology to Jon.....
Best of Luck, I have no doubt this truck will end up on the right hands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom