'93 80 value check ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Hi all!

stop it already with all your raving about TLCs, you got me to start looking at the ads everyday now... <G>

anyway, here is a possibility that I may go check out but first a reality check please:

'93 listed as "loaded" with about 95K miles, 1 owner
(don't know yet what options there are, esp. lockers etc) Mileage seems lower than usual IIRC.

I am aware that the '93 does not have airbags and the new A/C type so I would prefer a '95+ but this could perhaps be in great shape (and perhaps with full records) so I could forego the bags given the low mileage - unless there is some mechanical reason to go with later years of course - please advise.

Assuming it has lockers and is in good condition with all the usual options (moonroof, 3rd seat, hitch etc), what would this be worth roughly ? Note I am in California (read higher prices?)

Generic alternative question: should I pass and wait for an elusive 95 with similar mileage just for the sake of the newer everything, bags and A/C ?

thanks for all info

Eric

many people think '93s/94s are better than '95s b/c they feature a more HD transmission, no airbags (more passenger room space), etc., etc. --

-- to my knowledge, mechanics are otherwise the same --

You will pay for the low miles, though, that's for sure --

eric

May 93 up has R134 A/C. I prefer vehicles without airbags. It sounds like an excelent prospect. I would not be afraid of an early prodution vehicle with R12. That is what I have. It is more efficent and can be converted to 134 if required.
The miles are very low for the age of the vehicle.

D-

Hey Eric

I just posted one in the for sale forums
with about what you are looking for and the person is asking 14900 .
If you buy it I'll drive it out to you next week as im headed to Cali (SF) on the 15th .
You just cover gas and half of my plane tix (already have a round trip tix) and you'll have it by the end of next week :D

yo Todd, thanks for the offer. Good folks on this forum! Will let ya know if that could be useful. But probably should have a look at this one first.

well, I like the idea of an airbag I must say, only got one ugly head, and would like to keep it separate from dash and windshield...

anybody willing to hazard a guess as to realistic $$?

thanks
Eric

well, I like the idea of an airbag I must say, only got one ugly head, and would like to keep it separate from dash and windshield...
Thats what the seat belts are for :doh: :slap: :D

Eric,

I've been driving a '94 for nine years and I'm just as ugly now as I was then! Don't worry about it. :flipoff2:

dudes, I may take the rig down to Baja Cal!
seen the cows and truck drivers down there - esp. at night...?
will make you pause and ponder the benefits of airbags, I guarantee... much worse than the 'roos and road trains down under...

but then again, if it's in super shape and well-documented... hmmm....

any guess on $$ ?

thx
Eric

IMO air bags, R134a & HG issues make the later model rigs less desireable, but the tranny is not an issue. You know the local market better than the rest of us, so just look around a little and see what they are going for. Boise market is high priced compared with the rest of the USA for 80 series TLCs and guns. That rig would probably go for near $14k or more here :eek:. I would say probably around $12k.

There are 2 '93s and 2 '94s in the local paper:
'93, 128k miles, $?
'93, 128k miles, $10988
'94, 95k miles, $17795
'94, ? miles, $14974

no kidding? around $14K ?
geez and I thought Cal was expensive.
This rig lists at about $10K or so between KBB and Edmunds IIRC. This would not be realistic then?
what if I can get it for, say, $10K or so? steal?
thanks
Eric

A local '93 with 145k miles & lockers sold to a friend a couple of weeks ago for $7600.

I would think $9,000-$10,000 would be fair for that one in the land of fruits and nuts. (Assuming diff locks and good mechanicals and body.)

-B-

I wouldn't pay more than like $7k for a 93. I just helped numbnuts buy his 97 with lockers for like $12-12.5k. Keep shopping and maybe look elsewhere like in NJ. :flipoff2:

e9999,

About 6 months ago I purchased a 96 w/127K, lockers in AZ for $13K. Look around there (it's not to far from southern Cal.)

thanks all, guys.
Called the guy back for the info he was supposed to get, but it was sold already. Went for under $9,500 from what I could tell.
this was very helpful, guys.
will keep trying...
thanks
Eric

[quote author=landtank link=board=2;threadid=6174;start=msg49878#msg49878 date=1065899727]
Junk don't bother. While you were gone I was schooled about how everything here on the east coast in the salt belt are rust buckets and the reason for their reasonable price. [/quote]

Just cause their momma rusted out doesn't mean the trucks have too. A 96-97 should still be in decent shape. So if I bought an 80 in New England, or out in buttyourwhat midwest, it would only be worth$1k? ::) :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom