92 fj80 cd double din (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very interesting question, cruiserbill, since it's tough to find a nice looking head unit that matches the interior well. Everything is so bright and silvery these days and I prefer a more conservative, natural look. I realize I'm reviving a dated thread, but I'm looking at purchasing a TOYO factory double din unit (Model: 86120-33100; Faceplate ID: 56804) and was wondering if anyone knows if it would fit the '96 Cruiser. According to the seller, it would (of course).

Yes, it will fit in a 96, it was used in 92-94 Cruisers as well as some other high-line vehicles. The current list price for a new one is a touch over 2,400 bucks :eek:

cruiserbill

I've got one out of my 94 you can have for free.

radio good
cd worked, just not with burned discs
tape deck, not sure, i own zero tapes

or you can just put in a single din with an install kit that takes up the space. i have this one. I'll take a pic tomorrow for you.
SCOTA2154B.jpg

Wingnut....I imagine Bill took care of his problem last year, maybe post yours in the For Sale section. People come up asking for them every once in awhile.

As usual, many thanks, cruiserdan. You're a true asset to this forum.

As a note as well. A '07 FJ Cruiser radio will also fit (slight adjustment needed) and plug right in. I got one for $30 off craigslist to replace my factory unit. My original unit did not die, but I plan on using the AUX option and like a CD player to play burned and MP3 discs. I think that FJC radio is also the same unit in the 4Runners of that year. No tape player though.

I have a FJ unit in the garage that I was going to install but didn't want to mess with trimming the plastic so my buddy gave me the 86120-AA030. Let me know if it'll work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom