91 octane 100 series needs it, Tundra doesn't (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
as well as the Lexus GX470. So why if they are the same motor does the 100 series need 91 octane? and the others don't?

The 03 cruiser doesn't need it, my 99 does...but I don't use it. :flipoff2: There was a topic on this allready, something about the cpu was programmed for 91 octane, than Toy changed it?

-Matt

so no issues on your 99 with the lower octane? you running 87 or 89? power loss? knocking?

My .02 from owning vehicles that "required" high octane. If an engine is designed (as in created both electrically and mechanically) to run most efficiently on higher octane gas, then you should use it. Will it breakdown in half the amount of time? No. Will you notice a huge change in performance or mpg? No. However, the idea is not based in any conspiracy theory (as opposed to the opposite idea that cars that should run on regular will have higher performace on high grade). Whether there is a difference between a 99 and 03 is really moot b/c they obviously have different mappings and tolerances (unfortunately). And I got to say, we that have 100's these days have purchased a vehicle at a retail from 50k and up. My 99 was not too far away from the cost of a Porsche 911 at the time. Considering that, are we really worried about saving 250.00 in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom