91-92 3FE Radiator Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which aftermarket radiators for 3FE have proven long-lasting and effective?

I've gone through three in three years since replacing the original. With OEM unavailable, I'm looking for one that will last and that I can trust.

Looking for first-hand experience; thanks in advance for suggestions.

OEM is actually available for a 3F non-US FJ80. No slush box cooler integrated... so you would need to install an aftermarket A440F cooler.

But OEM T.Rad is still available.

Thanks. That's helpful.

I just got my 3fe running so I have no idea of longevity but the GPI radiator for a diesel fit reasonably well and is working. Again mine has only been running for the last week since a head gasket rebuild. It was $180 with some cheapo electric fans.

Radiator 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser - 4.0 Liter L6 Radiator All Aluminum 2 Row, Auto Trans 16 1/4 Core Only | Radiator Express

This radiator was in my 91 when I got it. It did have a custom shroud with the radiator when I got the rig. I do not know if you would need a custom shroud or if you could use the Toyota shroud. The radiator lasted me for as long as I had the rig, 4 years. It did come loose and one of the mounting bracket welds broke. I was able to have a friend tig weld it and it never had an issue after that.

Hi, I have no problems with my CSF all metal.Some of ours are 15 years old.Why 3 radiators? Mike

Hi, I have no problems with my CSF all metal.Some of ours are 15 years old.Why 3 radiators? Mike

Thanks. Why three? My mechanic and I wonder the same. Bad luck we suppose--even a single failure is very unusual. The last two have been warrantied, as would be this one, but I'm ready to try something else.

The CSF looks promising; I'll look into it--thanks.

Search Amazon or Fleabay and the CSF2709 for the 3FE FJ80 will come up. Going for $350 - $375 shipped.

I picked mine up at Performance Radiator in Phoenix. It's been running fine in the valley heat for 5 summers.

I picked mine up at Performance Radiator in Phoenix. It's been running fine in the valley heat for 5 summers.
This one started leaking this week. I ordered the CSF from amazon.

767B209A-EDE4-4A25-A701-E3A2ABDCB2F9.jpeg
I went with the Liland Aluminum… taking out the OEM Rad is a bish of a job btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom