9005/9006 Slee Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got more stuff from Slee today.
A shim for my slider and the upgrade headlight harness.
What bulb does yous guys use with the harness?
The only problem I think I will have is now when I put a load in the back, I will realy get flashed from oncomming cars :-[

Just did this a week ago and what a difference. I went with Cary's suggestion and the Hella 80w Lows and 100w His Got them here:

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/standard_bulbs.asp

From another post I ordered 3 of each incase one arrived damaged. Got 2 for spares now.

I think Christo's marketting team had a hand in the install proceedure. It says you need to loosen the radiator crossmember, actually you need to loosen it until it falls off ;). The marketing teams attempt to down play the install difficulty :D.

Actually it was quite easy. I mounted the two relays to two existing captured nuts inside the battery tray. Took all of about an hour in 15deg weather.

I forgot the most impotent thing that I got.
A Slee Off Road window sticker.

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=9857;start=msg87177#msg87177 date=1073613731]
I forgot the most impotent thing that I got.
A Slee Off Road window sticker.
[/quote]

Me too! I ordered the upgraded harness, aux light harness and two fog switches - as well as 80Ws and 100Ws (and some other stuff) from Rally.com (they must be wondering about the run on 80W and 100W bulbs!).

I plan to install this weekend. My plan if the 80W are too bright is to use the standard bulbs for low beam and the 100W for high.

Cheers, Hugh

I've only driven a few times at night so far but nobody has complained about their brightness. Tonight my wife was in the truck for the first time since the new lights and she thought I should have done them a while ago.

I passed on the $70 fog switch(although there is a package deal on the whole setup now at slee)
I think I kan find a better way to spend $70. But if I had extra $$$ I would get it.

Is this the $300 or so upgrade I've read about on other posts?
Is this a pretty clean plug and play deal?

I was going to try the Silverstars, but the reviews seem "a little" mixed. Anywhere between "they suck" to "I love them".

Hella bulbs seem hella-lot cheaper.

Thanks for any info/advice.
Rookie2

Kurt,
Why the slider shim?

Rookie2, this is a wiring harness that plugs into the existing harness. It is a set of relays and supplies the lamps with better power. The bulbs are hella halogen, 80w low and 100w hi. The bulbs are like 10.25 each and then the cost of the harness. All totaled about 100.00. This was probably the best bang for the buck mod I've done. I'm totally satisfied and won't want for anything more from my lights.

Thanks Rick. Exactly what I needed to know. I'm going to order some next week.

Rookie2

[quote author=Rookie2 link=board=2;threadid=9857;start=msg87910#msg87910 date=1073692597]
Is this the $300 or so upgrade I've read about on other posts?
Is this a pretty clean plug and play deal?

I was going to try the Silverstars, but the reviews seem "a little" mixed. Anywhere between "they suck" to "I love them".

Hella bulbs seem hella-lot cheaper.

Thanks for any info/advice.
Rookie2
[/quote]

Hey Rookie... take a pass on the Silverstars. I've got a pair in mine now. They are a brighter "color" but don't illuminate that well. They're better than standard halogens, but only by a bit IMHO.

I just got the upgraded wiring harness from Slee this morning from the big brown truck. Thanks Christo & Ben. :cheers:

I've tried Hella's and PIAA's in the past, and I can count the PIAA bulbs I've blown on 2 hands. This time I had a little Christmas cash laying around and decided to spring for the IPF bulbs from Slee for high and low beams. They evidently haven't had any problems blowing bulbs with the IPF stuff. These bulbs are very different in design from bulbs I've seen before, and made in Japan.... so the Toy outta like em'. :D

Gonna do the install tomorrow. For what the bulbs cost, I hope they're flamethrowers!

[quote author=Shortbus link=board=2;threadid=9857;start=msg88157#msg88157 date=1073716072]
IPF bulbs from Slee for high and low beams. [/quote]

Dang Nabbit , where the hell are the IPF bulbs on Christo's site ?? Can't find them ...

[quote author=Tyler link=board=2;threadid=9857;start=msg88166#msg88166 date=1073717029]
Dang Nabbit , where the hell are the IPF bulbs on Christo's site ?? Can't find them ...
[/quote]

I just PM'd Christo about that the other day and they're just not on the website yet. Just contact Slee to order them.

:beer:

Slee has always done a good job and everytime we see new products they are fantastic. Christo, I salute you :cheers: :cheers:

Mike

[quote author=Jomama link=board=2;threadid=9857;start=msg88183#msg88183 date=1073725496]
I just PM'd Christo about that the other day and they're just not on the website yet. Just contact Slee to order them.

:beer:

[/quote]

Damn!!!! I just received the harness and the CDL from Ben and he didn't mention andything about the bulbs. Oh well, I need brighter bulbs for my late night dash to Colorado on Thursday.

[quote author=Curran link=board=2;threadid=9857;start=msg87935#msg87935 date=1073693841]
Kurt,
Why the slider shim?
[/quote]

The shim is for the driver side slider, the middle mounting arm. There is a bit of a gap without the shim.

Just got my upgraded harness, aux harness, and IPF high beams in today. Slee.... NICE JOB on the harness. :cheers: Very clean, good instructions, nice components. Install was about a :banana: :banana: :banana: for me but that's due to anal retentiveness and electrical retardation. For those of you that haven's seen the IPF bulbs, they're very interesting.

Low beam bulbs are on their way from Slee and I'll put those in next week. FWIW, I could definitely tell the difference in brightness of my lows with the install of the updated harness. I've still got the Silverstars in the low beams. The new IPF highs are definitely flamethrowers. Cornea meltin' power. Bucking up for the bulbs was a little brutal, but for those of you that haven't installed the upgraded harness, I'd recommend it.

Here's a link to a few pix of the install and the IPF high beam bulbs.
http://public.fotki.com/GoKart3/landcruiser_stuff/slee_upgraded_headl/

Brad

Brad,

I think we know who you meant by SOR, but Slee Offroad shouldn't be called SOR; that's what everyone uses to refer to Spector Off Road. We'll all get confused. ;)

-B-

Hey guys,

Before I place my order through Rally for teh 80 and 100 watt bulbs, are these the correct numbers? 78316 and 78310?

Thanks.

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=9857;start=msg88721#msg88721 date=1073878875]
Brad,

I think we know who you meant by SOR, but Slee Offroad shouldn't be called SOR; that's what everyone uses to refer to Spector Off Road. We'll all get confused. ;)

-B-
[/quote]

Oops.... never knew. Sorry, guess I'm still a newbie! Dammit. :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom