88 V6 4Runner Master/Booster install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Do I need a spacer between the firewall and this booster? Also what's the hose for? This setup crowds the clutch master cylinder mount and the bolt hole closest to the booster is blocked. What should I do? I know a few of you guys have dealt with this already and succeeded.

I went ahead and bought a clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder from an early 90s 4Runner as well off eBay. Should work as bolt pattern is same although you do have to modify the pushrod, I understand. Any guidance on this?

Last edited:
C'mon you bunch 'o sorryass girlies.......

Last edited:
Have you measured the rod length out the back of the booster to the pedal?

Its gonna be too long....

1/2" spacer between firewall and booster is most commonly needed...

Yeah I figured it would need to be cut and the 1/2 spacer is what I have heard is needed. Glad you chimed in! Any hints on spacer material and how to make it? Will the early 90s clutch master and slave work?

got bigger pictures?

how much of a spacer do you need?

can you do this with stacking a few washers on each stud?

Will the early 90s clutch master and slave work?

No......

I usually make the spacers out of 3/8" thick wall pipe with fender washers welded to one end that mates to the firewall......

Install some foam type insulation around the firewall hole to keep the engine compartment JuJu out of the cabin area.........

Although I witness one once where someone had made a spacer of plywood......:rolleyes:

Hi All:

I installed a similar booster/master cylinder combo in my 11/73 FJ40 with little trouble. No spacer was necessary. Did need to trim the booster rod at least 1/2 of an inch.

Good luck!

Alan

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Do I need a spacer between the firewall and this booster? Also what's the hose for? This setup crowds the clutch master cylinder mount and the bolt hole closest to the booster is blocked. What should I do? I know a few of you guys have dealt with this already and succeeded.

I went ahead and bought a clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder from an early 90s 4Runner as well off eBay. Should work as bolt pattern is same although you do have to modify the pushrod, I understand. Any guidance on this?

My LX450/80-series booster is the same diameter as yours. I recommend you use an FJ40 CMC. It all will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom