88’ FJ62 won’t move in Drive or Reverse. Trans case isn’t in Neutral (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to Mud. Bought an 1988 FJ62 a couple months ago. Been sitting in a warehouse for 20 years while owner was loving overseas. Long story short, New hoses, plugs, brakes, calipers. Rebuilt gas tank, new fuel pump and sending unit. Finally got it to fire up and it’s running like a champ. Put it in Reverse and nothing. Drive I get nothing. Trans case isn’t in Neutral. Any ideas on where to start? I’ve bought new gaskets and will replace all with new ATF and clean the filters. Anyone ever have this problem. Is this where I should start? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
JD

650E227B-D9B5-4E5B-AEED-DAAA155F2776.jpeg

Check your trans fluid level. If it's too low it won't go into gear.

Since it has been siting so long I would recommend doing what is called the ‘Rodney flush’ of the ATF...along with dropping the pan and cleaning the mesh filter.
This flush is a great way to passively clear all the old fluid and you can verify you’re actually getting fluid flow.

Since it has been siting so long I would recommend doing what is called the ‘Rodney flush’ of the ATF...along with dropping the pan and cleaning the mesh filter.
This flush is a great way to passively clear all the old fluid and you can verify you’re actually getting fluid flow.
Will do. Found the info on how to do the Rodney Flush. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom