84 FJ60 "Mystique" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice cruiser. You can always check the part prices using the links in my sig. Good reference.

It's always nice to have someone who is local willing to give you a deal and knows what they are doing. That is priceless.

Oh and I had a friend come up to me yesterday and ask if I knew someone in a FJC that was following an FJ60 he saw coming through Greenville this weekend. I had no idea until today.

Yeah, I saw like 12 FJ Cruisers that day...the most I have ever seen in one day. :) I drove from Charleston to Pelzer area and back in same day. Ride up was good...on way back it was like 100*F and traffic on 385 and I-26 stopped three times for NO FREAKING REASON to a parking lot. :( Bastards!!!

Never even noticed the parts thing in your signature...I usually go to the Sparks Toyota site as they have a pretty good tool for OEM parts....as well as sport replacements.

http://www.trdsparks.com/

Dropped off the 60 for the clutch today with LexTech....so I can get the big stuff out the way and not worry about it while it is my daily driver...the rest I will do a little at a time. Thanks Glen.

Last edited:
Hey...anybody got a flywheel that will fit an 84 FJ60? It appears they are no longer available through the Toyota warehouses and are discontinued item. So if mine cant be machined I will be needing a good used one.

Not sure what that means for all the FJ40 and FJ60s out there that will need flywheels sooner or later when the spare parts market dries up.:(

Part Number is 13405-69015

Mystique has a few cracks in her armor. I removed the trans from Brocks Truck today to find some pretty significant cracks in the flywheel, Not very visible by the pics i took, another reason for the wifes new camera purchase, as well as a leaking front inputshaft seal on transmission, leaking front and rear driveshaft yoke seals, a stiff front driveshaft universal joint.
Overall a very NICE CLEAN TRUCK though.
The flywheel will go to the machine shop first thing in the AM to see if machining the wheel will remove the cracks. Hope for the best, anticipate and plan for the worst.
Hopefully Brock will not cringe everytime he sees my caller ID on his phone like BBQ BOY did.LOL
DSCF7246.jpg
DSCF7247.jpg

hopefully the machine shop can do some magic or get it close enough to hold me until I can acquire a good flywheel with enough left on it for a couple more visits to machine shop if needed....I still find it unfathomable that Toyota discontinued the flywheel parts. Got to be some around somewhere new....LOL Without having to buy an entire setup.

Last edited:
I found a couple in some land cruiser parts houses....and a UC member has one if ACC does not get it...so hopefully will have a tag on one with my name by next week so maybe the next HAMOM we can put the good one in while this current one makes do.

cant believe someone does not make an aftermarket one.....same one should fit FJ40, 55, and 60 from 74-87 I think.

John in Columbia that goes by I believe FJ40-40 had one on the floor of his shop last time was there. I have one as well from the 87 seized motor. However you would need to take a sledge hammer to the BH in order to get the clutch and flywheel bolts off. You are welcome to it if you want to mess with it.

Jeremy

I was looking at Man-A-Fre and they had some resurfaced ones for those same years but the ones you found were much cheaper..maybe post on the Wanted section and see if someone has one..I can look in my shed tomorrow to see if when I took mine out and see how it looks..if I still have it..thats a big if though...:hmm:

I got a couple leads on one....hopefully the machining will fix mine and wont be issue short term. I will then keep looking for a new one or very good one to keep around now that I know they are getting hard to locate and are no longer available from Toyota. Thanks everyone.

Well yours has been in a garage dry rotting the tires off, so they should be in as good of shape as mine.

I have wheeled mine since building it. Even had it airborne a couple times. How many of you on here can say that.:grinpimp:

My point is that a lot of people complain about lifts, tires, wear etc. causing there steering to suck. If it is set up right and is in new working order, you can drive a 40 lifted 7"s with unbalanced 38" Swampers to Wilmington with one finger on the wheel with no problem.

P.S. Your mind tricks to get me to finish my truck will not make me move any faster.

Jeremy

2X me too still slow as moleases.:beer:

I found both a very good resurfaced and also a brand new from same parts vendor.... FJParts in San Marcos CA...shipping will be $27 to Glenns shop and 26 to my home.

Resurfaced is 180 bucks.....new is 400 bucks. what you think Glenn.....New and hold for next time...or resurfaced if I dont find a good one in area?

It all depends on how this wheel turns out this morning and how you plan on abusing/using the 60 as to whether you want a spare laying around.
Under normal driving condition a flywheel can be resurfaced without any issues, but when you take into consideration how we wheel these trucks then it may be a good idea to have an extra. Extra spare parts are always good to have especially when their not available from the manurfacturer any longer.

Dang, $400 for a new flywheel. I paid a $100 for a new flywheel for the Chevy. I understand Toyota parts are better, less are manuf., blah, blah, blah. But four times the cost for the same part.:rolleyes:

The offer still stands for mine, and like I said I know John has one an hour away, he could probably get pics and I think it might be free. He tried to give it to me but I didn't need it.

Maybe I will get to check it out when I go by Glenns on mon. to get my parts to rebuild my transfer case.

Good luck,

Jeremy

that is okay...I got dibs on a couple from Upstate Members already for a great price if I go with a resurfaced one for my spare or to put in and keep current as the backup. If mine can be done fairly well I may save up and just get a new one as I will know what I have for sure then....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom