Parting Out '83 FJ60 Beaumont, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a pretty rough FJ60 that I need to get out of my yard. I bought this as a parts vehicle for my 40 project, and I've removed all the stuff I need.
Here's a list of what I took:
the transfer case
driveshafts
front pumpkin
knuckles out off of front axle (replaced with '71 fj40 knuckles out minus the warn hubs)
tie rod (I stuck a piece of rebar in it so it would be easier to move around)
draglink
steering box
steering column (from the box to the steering wheel)

The main thing that's left that's worth anything is the engine and tranny. I was told by the PO that the engine ran (however he failed to get it started the day we loaded it), but that it smoked a little, so it probably could use a rebuild. The body is pretty rusty; the seats are pretty worn; there is a lot of slop in the rear pinion. It's rough.

I do have the title, and I'd like to sell the whole truck. Make me an offer.

P.S. I also have the f155 and three speed that came out of the '71 fj40, if anyone could use that (I'd hate to crush it).

IMG_1870s.jpg
IMG_1888s.jpg
IMG_1881s.jpg
IMG_1872s.jpg

If rust free I'm interested in passenger front 1/4 and the front grill piece that holds the headlight wiper fluid squirters.

Interested in hood, core support, grill both headlight bagels and turn signals. Any rust on this stuff?

If rust free I'm interested in passenger front 1/4 and the front grill piece that holds the headlight wiper fluid squirters.
The passenger fender is rot free (from the outside, I haven't taken it off). I have no idea what that other thing that you mentioned is. Can you pick it up, or do you want it shipped (probably a stupid question, but I really don't like shipping)

Interested in hood, core support, grill both headlight bagels and turn signals. Any rust on this stuff?
The hood looks good, but the core support has some serious rust near the passenger side and is dented on the driver's side. PM for pics. Make me an offer; I don't know what this stuff is worth. Again, I really don't want to ship this stuff, so please say that you can come pick it up.

Pictures would be great, Im in Canyon Lake but get to Houston often, you ever get there? Looking for a close up and the underside picture, thanks

Jeff

The passenger fender is rot free (from the outside, I haven't taken it off). I have no idea what that other thing that you mentioned is.)
The blue piece is what I'm looking for and I'm looking to have the items shipped preferably dropped off at your nearest Fastenal billed to me. image.jpg

Pictures would be great, Im in Canyon Lake but get to Houston often, you ever get there? Looking for a close up and the underside picture, thanks

Jeff
PM me your e-mail and I'll get you some pics. Houston's only an hour and a half from here, so I could probably meet you, if the timing was right.

Just though of a few more things, the lower valance below the grill, the grill, both headlight trims with turn signal lenses and are either or both front seat belt receivers not split? (The hard plastic part) I will be in Houston the week of the 6th of April for 5 days, we should be able to figure something out.

Sorry not getting your PMED, I just sent you a PM

I think the frame is pretty much perfect. It has a little surface rust, but I haven't noticed any rot. I'll crawl under it again tomorrow to make sure.
Frame looks great. There is a little surface rust here and there, but it looks great to me. If there are specific areas you would like pictures of let me know.

The carb, power steering pump, power steering pump bracket, and the valve cover are the only parts I've sold so far. I know somebody needs this stuff, so pm me or reply in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom