Wanted '82 FJ40 Dome Light... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Utes have them too, John.

Thanks Amir, I wasn't sure. Our FJ45 imports ended in 1967. Bought my FJ45 long before all the newer imports from other markets starting showing up. The center dome light was even available at that time for my 65 FJ45LP-B.

Thanks Amir, I wasn't sure. Our FJ45 imports ended in 1967. Bought my FJ45 long before all the newer imports from other markets starting showing up. The center dome light was even available at that time for my 65 FJ45LP-B.
Too soon to cease the import! Not sure, why Toyota did that?! Probably the same logic as why not 70 series are not allowed to be imported for civilian use in the US....Anyways, this has to be discussed elsewhere.
Here’s a pic of a dome light on an 1984 HJ47.

D6066542-3255-4FEB-8483-E3305FC63505.jpeg

Hi guys,
I'm also looking for one dome light with 2 wires for my '84 FJ40 Lx. Does anybody still have one on offer?
Thanks,
Marc

Dome like switches are fairly easy to find. The actually dome.is not. 10/81 was the start and believe they were on all hard top models except possibly the pickup/ute/ trayback.

My soft top Troopy also had the door-switched dome light on the B-pillar. Hard to say what’s original, since the model number is HJ47RV-KCQ, and the Aus. Army trucks had some unique characteristics, but the dome light cutout on the soft top B-pillar was not a hack job, it looks OEM.

My soft top Troopy also had the door-switched dome light on the B-pillar. Hard to say what’s original, since the model number is HJ47RV-KCQ, and the Aus. Army trucks had some unique characteristics, but the dome light cutout on the soft top B-pillar was not a hack job, it looks OEM.
Sure is.

Someone somewhere on MUD mentioned that the DS/PS doors had an indent on the door to actually allow for the later model interior lights. I need to see that photo. Thanks

Here you go @tstepp920 ... More of a bump out than an indent

PXL_20201209_045514433.jpg

PXL_20201209_045500461.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom