80s series flat utility Baja Rack on a 60s series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hojack

♠️Project Snowball❄️
Threads
Cascade Foothills above Eagle Creek, Oregon 🇺🇸
I’ve got a 60s series and thought I’d see if any 80s series guys know if a Baja Rack would mount to the 60s gutter rail? I’m looking at this rack for my 60s series. If someone could give me a measurement between the gutter rail across the roof that be great.
1664198985506.jpeg

Thanks
Jason

All I can say is when I moved my home built rack from the 60 to the 80, I had to modify my mounts for a higher roof with a little more curve, but I believe I kept the widths the same

I’m pretty sure you possess the skills to build your own rack. The gutter mounts would be the hard part and those can be purchased. Trail Tailor (where I got mine) and Gamaviti are the two vendors that come to mind from memory.

I’m pretty sure you possess the skills to build your own rack. The gutter mounts would be the hard part and those can be purchased. Trail Tailor (where I got mine) and Gamaviti are the two vendors that come to mind from memory.
Gramaviti rack was $1600…
I can get that Baja Rack for $956 with the discount code through the end of the month from a local shop.

Gramaviti rack was $1600…
I can get that Baja Rack for $956 with the discount code through the end of the month from a local shop.
I said to build the rack yourself and buy only gutter mounts from a vendor. I bought 8 gutter mounts from Trail Tailor for $160 several years ago. I probably have a total of $250-275 in my flat, full length rack.

I said to build the rack yourself and buy only gutter mounts from a vendor. I bought 8 gutter mounts from Trail Tailor for $160 several years ago. I probably have a total of $250-275 in my flat, full length rack.
I’ve moved on to other projects right now.
I’d rather buy one if I can get a rack for under $1,000 right now.
Another member on MuD said he has this 80s Baja Rack on his 60.
I really don’t care for the front basket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom