80 vs. 100 Series Locker Actuator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have posted this on the 100 series forum to no avail. I have an e-locker in my 100 series that is giving me fits. The 80 series actuator is readily available and comparably affordable, the 100 series actuator is not. The part numbers are different. Does anyone have first-find experience with these two? It's the electric motor portion that has problems.

I'll be rebuilding my actuators soon (next couple of weeks) on my 93. If you want I can take measurements and pics to send to you.

I think they should be identical. Having said that, I have not compared them side by side or anything.

I also think they are the same. Probably a different part number for some stupid difference like the bracket to hold the wiring connector or something like that.

First 3 Photos are of the 100 series, the last 2 photos are of the 80 series. I've got to say they sure look like the same part.
1601093406872.png
1601093431142.png
1601093457749.png
1601093577450.png
1601093592573.png

I took a leap of faith and did it. I currently have an actuator from an FZJ80 in my 100 series rear axle. The reason for wanting to go this route is cost. The 80's actuator (Aisin part number SAT001) is far less expensive and easier to find than a 100 series. Here are the differences: 1. The connector. You will either have to splice in the old pigtail or carefully disassemble the connectors putting the new pins into the old connector. The wires are the same colors, the pins are the same and the wire location in the connector is the same, so it's easy to figure out. The 80's pigtail is a bit shorter, so the cut and splice may be preferable. 2. The actuator shaft needs to be extended. It needs more reach on the 100 series. This is easy to do, just remove the actuator's cover, extend the shaft to match the 100 series' length, put the cover back on. 3. Dance around in your garage because you have finally exorcized the demons from your locker.

Holding them side by side, I didn’t see a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom