80 Series Stainless Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So far as I know no one has had any issues with codes. We've done quite a few locally and I've got it on my own truck as well. Normally it's a few weeks lead time. It's been stretching a bit longer lately with delays in getting materials.
Considering an upgrade for here in NorCal, still available?

@OTRAMM would you be able to tell me the model of solo performance muffler you used for these kits? I am sourcing materials for my own exhaust and finding a quiet, stainless muffler that fits is proving to be a challenge. Thanks

@OTRAMM would you be able to tell me the model of solo performance muffler you used for these kits? I am sourcing materials for my own exhaust and finding a quiet, stainless muffler that fits is proving to be a challenge. Thanks
It's an STL33

I've been working on an 80 series exhaust kit over the last few months. I've been posting about it in the 80 section but now that it's done it's probably time for it's own thread. It's 2.5" 14 gauge 304 stainless with a Solo Performance Stealth muffler. The muffler keeps it nice and quiet but still lets it flow well. I've done two sets on super charged 80's and it perks them up. It runs up over the frame rail near the transfer case. To get it up over the rail I had to leave out the rear catalytic converter. It uses the stock rubber isolators for a rattle free mounting set up. After the connection at the converter all of the joints are v-bands to allow a bit of tweaking and a gasket less seal. I added an extra v-band connection at the tail pipe to make it easy to remove prior to wheeling or easy to replace if the tail pipe gets squished. More info at Stainless Exhaust View attachment 1594623 View attachment 1594624 View attachment 1594625 View attachment 1594626 View attachment 1594627
I know this is an older thread but are you still building these? My 97 is literally falling off at this point due to age. It's not something I take off-road much but definitely into finding a quality replacement.

I know this is an older thread but are you still building these? My 97 is literally falling off at this point due to age. It's not something I take off-road much but definitely into finding a quality replacement.
Lol nevermind, just saw these last few posts...

I know this is an old thread and you aren't making the exhausts anymore, but can you tell me the size/source/style of the flange you used to build the exhaust off of that connects to the first converter? I'm going to attempt to fab up my own SS exhaust but want to make sure I source the correct flange. I'm mostly unsure about the exact style so that it mates correctly with the converter with the donut/gasket in between.

TIA
Chris

I know this is an old thread and you aren't making the exhausts anymore, but can you tell me the size/source/style of the flange you used to build the exhaust off of that connects to the first converter? I'm going to attempt to fab up my own SS exhaust but want to make sure I source the correct flange. I'm mostly unsure about the exact style so that it mates correctly with the converter with the donut/gasket in between.

TIA
Chris

Sadness. I had this exhaust in some notes and I'm now ready to move on doing something with my system.

Has anyone found the next best thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom