80 Series Stainless Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It sounds good. Fairly mellow. I'll have to get a clip once I get the revised one installed on my truck.
Do you have the revised version that will work with the Magnaflow downpipe. I have 94 and I have been setting on a Magnaflow downpipe for all most tow years. I got it thinking when my unprotected twin cats get destroyed I would install the single cat Magnaflow & a high flow muffler. Well I can't believe how much abuse they can take. They are totally mangled but still don't leak. Had a pretty bad rattle before I went to Browns Camp for Cruising the woods, that I wanted to fix thought it was the exhaust turns out it was the the front skid plate was lose. I would like to change it out this winter and I am liking you system. can it be had with out the tail pipe my dumps out behind the rear axle. Thanks :cool:

@OTRAMM ,
A few weeks ago I hung a cat back Borla exhaust on my ‘97 80. I dislike it very much! Although it was spendy I want to ditch the whole thing.
Your exhaust would be plug and play from the cat back? I’m running a single cat In the forward position. Your system has bungs for the O2 sensors also?

Let me know before I make my trip to Midas!

devo

@OTRAMM have you changed the tubing size yet on SS exhaust mines broken more times that I can count. I wat it fixed its sounds badass, but breaks, shatters or leaks constantly

I'm using the thickest tubing you can get without moving to pipe. We've got quite a few out in the wild now. Your's is the only one I've heard of having an issue. Have you broken more than that front mount? The only part that you've told me has broken is the front mount. Everything else you've had an issue with has been with the Magnaflow down pipe. The down pipe is not a part we make. We fixed the down pipe leaks when you brought it by after we figured out that the Magnaflow gaskets don't last and switched to the Toyota ones. If you've had additional problems with the exhaust itself you haven't relayed them to me.

Last edited:
We haven't. We don't see many 93-94's come through the shop and haven't had some one local to use as a test truck.

R,

I think I still have a complete 93 - inline cat exhaust complete from manifold flange to about 1' past the cats. IIRC it was in great condition. I usually scrap this stuff but if I do still have it and it'd help set a jig for you, its yours.

J

R,

I think I still have a complete 93 - inline cat exhaust complete from manifold flange to about 1' past the cats. IIRC it was in great condition. I usually scrap this stuff but if I do still have it and it'd help set a jig for you, its yours.

J

That would be awesome. All the ones we've had come through have been completely rotten.

93-94 is not inline, the cats are side by side.

Hello OTramm, I just purchased a 1997 FZJ80 Toyota LC and expect it to be delivered on 27th Dec 2019. Once I have gone over the initial inspection I may be contacting you for setting up a visit with you and your folks.
Btw, enjoy every one of your videos and they are helpful.
It would be long drive from TN.

Congrats on doing something I never would - try to meet Mud price expectations while doing a legit, back-purge, no excuses SS exhaust.

Over the framerail no less.

I love geeking out on a good weld & I have the machines to do the work - but in our “Lame-azon mentality“ -world, I’m not able to meet what people expect for a $$ that lets me get anything over Subway & basic cable/internet margins.

Bezos wins, craft suffers.
As a non-self promoter, I’m not able to join you.

So I applaud you - my time & overhead wouldn’t make this a project I’d let myself be fed to the ‘pricepoint wolves’ on.

Hold your line, ignore haters or ‘my state does ______ -BS’.

Your product, your terms - charge for ‘snowflakes’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom