80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since you guys are turning into an 80's club, would you care if I occasionally throw out an 80 I am looking at and give me your thoughts.

I know David has one for sale but I think his might be more than I want to spend. I am looking for one to leave in arkansas or I am going to send the 100 to arkansas and keep the 80 as my DD. I would really like to get one for under 5000. Thanks.

Here is one in AZ

Cars for Sale: 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 in TEMPE , AZ 85282: Sport Utility Details - 275318355 - AutoTrader.com

I am partial to the 91 because I have a white 92 :)

The 92 needs a knuckle job asap from the description but both are a little high for the years. As a 3F-E owner if your price range is $4000+ look for a 93+.

Just as a comparison, I paid $1500 for a 92 in moderately decent shape but with 300k miles. The DS seat has the usual rips and there were some cracks in the dash but the truck is solid and with moderate PM on it I am about to take off and drive it 4000 miles round trip.

If you are patient and keep checking Craigslist you will find a good FZJ for the same prices as those 2 FJs

Hold off for at least a 93 or newer. If I was in the market I'd get a 95-97.

I've already sold the one I had for sale, so that one's not an option.

That being said, I agree with Rob 100%. If I were you, I'd hold out for an FZJ, and like Rob, it's my opinion the 95-97 models are the best of the bunch (specifically, 1/1995 production and up). Those year models will all have full-floater rears, will have rear discs (many before that didn't), will have OBDII diagnostics on the 1FZ, will have airbags (nice if it's going to be a DD), will have an updated dash, etc., etc......I'm just sayin, since you're already used to a 100, I can tell you from experience, you're going to find the 80 to be "crude" by comparison (in many different areas), so you may want to find the most "modern" 80 you can get......... Don't get me wrong, I like the 80's enough to have bought 3 of them in the last year, but they're a big departure from a 100 on a day-to-day standpoint......

every year gets better but start at a 93

There is an LX450 for sale at Wilson Dodge here in Jackson. It is on Lakeland. I stopped yesterday to check it out. has Hankook MTs on it and a lift. It had OME shocks under it. Looked to be in great shape. DID NOT have lockers though. I think it had 103XXX miles on it. I was impressed with the shape of the paint. No idea how much they want for it...

Man...that Lexus sounds like the Lexus that was at the Cherokee that night Mike and I drove down there. Wasn't that guy a dentist or something like that...friends of Dave's or something similar...am I making this stuff up or am I on the right track. I just remember that he said he threw Hankook's on there because they were cheap and he put on an OME Medium lift. I bet it is one and the same.

Cheers.

- Mark

Man...that Lexus sounds like the Lexus that was at the Cherokee that night Mike and I drove down there. Wasn't that guy a dentist or something like that...friends of Dave's or something similar...am I making this stuff up or am I on the right track. I just remember that he said he threw Hankook's on there because they were cheap and he put on an OME Medium lift. I bet it is one and the same.

Cheers.

- Mark

I have no idea but it appeared to be in really good shape. I didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb but I didn't see any blemishes anywhere...I see now that there is a thread started about it in CLC

Cheers.

- Mark
Yep, same truck. Noel decided he wanted something different / new, so he traded in both his 2006 Land Cruiser and his 1997 LX450 on a new 4-door, Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins Diesel. I ride by the dealership every day, and I saw the LX there as of yesterday. It's REALLY, REALLY nice/clean, but I think they're asking $14,900 for it.....................

Noel's was the cleanest I have ever seen. Very very nice truck that was tastfully modified and low miles. If it sits up there long enough I'll bid on it at the auction.

Nice truck but it aint worth that.

my vote is 95 or later. hopefully you can luck out and get one with lockers. just less you have to spend on later. camel4x4.com has an ironman lift 4 and 6 in lifts for $1650 and $1850 respectively which is half the price fo some other lift kits

I told Mike that he could buy mine...ready to roll and only $20k. I personally think that was a great deal...let's see what you get:

1. 1997 Collectors Edition FZJ80
  2. Installed TRD Supercharger
  3. MetalTech Sliders
  4. IPOR Rear Bumper (not yet installed)
  5. ARB Bumper w/Warn M12000
  6. Milford Half Barrier
  7. African Outback Drawers
  8. Dual Batteries (Painless)
  9. OME Heavy Suspension
  10. LRA 40 Gallon Auxiliary Tank
  11. ARB Air Lockers (not yet installed)

That's a heck of a deal...I better withdraw the offer...

Cheers.

- Mark

I think Noel had $17,000 in that LX by the time he traded it. He just kept spending money on it. It was/is beautiful, but he had WAY too much in it. I would hate to know what they gave him for it.

Limo....if it comes up at auction, it would he a good one. It is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom