80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sisters…

#80life

07BAF354-50BB-48C0-ABCD-DE60B96AE6EC.jpeg

The stupid out there is still there.

I’ve heard the A442F is very tough, and that it’s likely an electrical or computer problem.

However, I can’t find any chafing (not super familiar with an 80 engine bay) and it happens when you’d expect it to (when the TC is trying to lock up in 3rd gear at 2100 rpm’s).

Any help is appreciated
Turns out this was a bad transmission control module.

In case anyone is thinking about regearing and adding lockers to their 80 a set with 4:88’s and arb’s are available. They were removed from one of the 2uz swapped 80’s as the customer wants to go to OEM e-locked axles. Price is negotiable.

In case anyone is thinking about regearing and adding lockers to their 80 a set with 4:88’s and arb’s are available. They were removed from one of the 2uz swapped 80’s as the customer wants to go to OEM e-locked axles. Price is negotiable.

Only issue is the leaking rear ARB?

Only missing parts are front hubs, all brake rotors and calipers, and rear e-brake cable?

What's the state of the ABS components? Is this a 'don't care' if one was going to use these in a non-ABS setup?

For some reason I thought these had RCV's...did I dream that up?

Only issue is the leaking rear ARB?

Only missing parts are front hubs, all brake rotors and calipers, and rear e-brake cable?

What's the state of the ABS components? Is this a 'don't care' if one was going to use these in a non-ABS setup?

For some reason I thought these had RCV's...did I dream that up?

Rear ARB is leaking

Yes front hubs, front backing plates, calipers, brake lines and e-brake cables are not included. They were transferred to the replacement e-locked axles.

All ABS sensors and wiring swapped to replacement axle. There are 20mm freeze plugs pressed into the holes in the knuckles for the front ABS sensors. They can be removed and a sensor inserted.

This truck was not built with RCV’s for some reason and is on stock shafts.

Customer decided to keep these and take off the Methods. NO LONGER FOR SALE

I have a customer who is looking to sell his OEM 80 wheels. It’s a full set of 5 and they were just powder coated black and have not had tires mounted. They were removed from a 94 so will use conical seat lug nuts not the shank style.

099B0142-7AAB-493E-9642-07BCB97E44C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Besides Mosley Motors and Rocket City Cruisers, who in Mississippi or an adjacent state rebuilds 1FZ-FE engines?

After being away a long time - Mo's LX450 has been a work truck in every sense of the phrase for a few years - the one we acquired from DNP - and is due for refurbishments to turn it "nice" again. Mechanical will be fairly straightforward - leak at oil pump and in need of new AC components - and he can handle paint / clear coats, lay's up fiberglass / composites / makes molds and parts on a large format router. But I have a question or two on parts - who's the go to resource now? With Cruiser Dan retired a long while back, is Beno still handling parts? Any savy dealerships to call or it's all up to the the handful of used parts places. Immediate need is a drivers side exterior door handle assy and then I would appreciate some insights on seat cover sources vs look ing for used seats [frt set only. But there'll be more I'm sure.
Thanks!

14 year search is impressive ;)

She’s a beaut Clark.

Anyone need a straight bumper? Off a 96. Ocean Springs. $200

front bumper 2.jpg

front bumper 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom