80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still need the back wing or whatever you call it for Ardennne's 100. Garage door ate it.

Im not really sure.

Drove my 80 to work today for its maiden voyage. Other than some drive line vibrations it performed flawlessly. Its strange to be able to merge with traffic and not have it down shift twice. The power is amazing and can pull hills without down shifting. All of this is with only 50% throttle. If you put it to the floor from a stop you're at 60mph before you know it which is definitely not the norm when driving an 80. As far as the exhaust note, it reminds me of a z06 corvette. I've created a whole new animal and I love it. Who's next?

Drove my 80 to work today for its maiden voyage. Other than some drive line vibrations it performed flawlessly. Its strange to be able to merge with traffic and not have it down shift twice. The power is amazing and can pull hills without down shifting. All of this is with only 50% throttle. If you put it to the floor from a stop you're at 60mph before you know it which is definitely not the norm when driving an 80. As far as the exhaust note, it reminds me of a z06 corvette. I've created a whole new animal and I love it. Who's next?

whoever is willing to pay...

---------------------------SOLD----------------------

$3,750 - located in Asheville, NC:
97 40th edition 225,000 miles
I've owned it since 04 at 132,500 miles and I am the 3rd owner.

Good:
Cold A/C
Factory lockers
Metal Tech front bumper
Solid Rock Off Road bolt on sliders
OME medium lift w/ Metal Tech spacers on the front
Slee stainless brake lines
315/75/16 Copper STT x 5
Three6 Hybrids fab'd interior tire mount
Center diff lock switch
7 pin mod
2nd cupholder
Uniden CB mounted in ash tray
Sirius radio that hasn't had an active subscription in two years but hasn't been turned off yet
Improved stock radiator with brass nipple
New Autozone Platinum AGM battery this Spring
Thule gutter mount rack (never had a factory rack)
Just did new plugs & wires, distributor cap, valve cover gasket, spark plug tube seals, and replaced #6 fuel injector
It runs well & CEL has not come back on after a few rides after the above maintenance.

The bad:
This has been a utility truck for the past few years. It's been flopped before and had new front driver fender & doors put on. The only maintenance done in the past few years has been what's needed to fix what's broke. This is a California/Tennessee/Western NC truck and has some rust from Asheville winters, but it's not too bad. The driver's seat has a pretty good tear. I pulled the fuse on the dome light because one of the doors is not turning off. It will need tires soon if you are going to drive it on the street much. The O2 sensors will trigger the CEL. The winch doesn't work. Etc., etc.

Buy it, drive it hard and you'll never have to worry about scratching or denting it. I've driven it hard over the years and it's never let me down when I was out having fun.

IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3367.JPG

IMG_3372.JPG

Last edited:

Vroom vroom, Rob! Can't wait to see at at Crawl!

Does anyone use a scanguage 2 in their 80? I’m thinking about getting one unless there is a better option.

I do. I give it a resounding...meh... I feel sure there are better options out there

I'm currently using one for a tach and engine temp gauge. Works great with the GM powertrain.

I've heard decent things about this one. UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool and Information Center
But this and the ScanGauge were designed in an era before smartphones. There are a few apps out there that communicate with a relatively cheap Bluetooth OBD-II transceiver.

Glad we feel the same way about me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom