80 Series Frame / Body mounts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! That's just obscene! Like it's been sitting in the ocean for 40 years!
Is there even half the original steel thickness intact?
Yeah its still holding on but im not very confident on how long it will last.

Damn, I thought you were actually talking about the body mount, not the frame horn!!!!!!

I am not sure removing a heat shield would cause that kind of rust. Seems more likely that maybe some kind of chemical got on the frame in that location. Maybe the front tire ran over a bottle of something and sprayed the frame in that area.

If that were mine I would first try to find a parts rig and cut one off to weld on. If I couldn't find one than I would probably cut the bad one off and use it as a template to fabricobble something together.

Goodluck
NJ and corrosion. My downpipe heatshield came off and that area is just crazy rusted. Going on trails where is gets wet and dried by the exhaust can cause that? Just trying to make sense of it all. Figure the first thing that get rusted is the exhaust.

NJ and corrosion. My downpipe heatshield came off and that area is just crazy rusted. Going on trails where is gets wet and dried by the exhaust can cause that? Just trying to make sense of it all. Figure the first thing that get rusted is the exhaust.
Mine has spent its life in NJ, PA and I believe the NYC area. It's showing on the frame now. I've considered finding a nice frame unlocked and swapping my axles over but who knows.

Took awhile but I finally got it.

image.jpg

Sweet!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom