80 series carpet available now. Matching mats available also (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I recently redid carpet in an 80 with another brand. It turned out great but holy cow was fitting it a pain. Is yours going to be trimmed and cut or just moulded?
It's molded. Again, I haven't personally installed an 80 set yet, but I've installed several 60/62s from the same mfr., and they're AWESOME! In the process now of installing a 100 set of mass-backed. The jury's still out on the mass backing for me. It's an incredibly impressive product, but it makes installation more difficult (it's heavy, not as flexible, etc., but bman should it be QUIET!)

Subscribed.

Very cool! Thanks for doing this!

Man i'd kill to have factory fresh Brown Front Floor mats. Keeping an eye here.

Mine is going in now. (Mass backed, loop carpet, not an exact match to the 91 color - but I knew that when I bought it.)

First impressions: quality product. Mould form seems perfect. I didn't realize there were no holes cut into it - so keep that in mind. The mass backing seems like a worthwhile upgrade to me compared to carpets I've installed in the past.

I have the front section 50% installed. Took me about two hours, but I work slow.

I'll post pictures when it's finished.

Mine is going in now. (Mass backed, loop carpet, not an exact match to the 91 color - but I knew that when I bought it.) Yeah, it's really close, but there are only so many shades a mfr. can offer. Also, the Toyota loop pile was known for fading badly over time, so the carpet you had is likely not the color it was when new. We were able to get almost an exact match on the 60/62 colors, but the early 80s with loop pile are probably a 95-99% match.

First impressions: quality product. Yeah, it's heavy, isn't it? Mould form seems perfect. I'm working on a mass-backed 100 right now, and I'm finding the same thing. I didn't realize there were no holes cut into it - so keep that in mind. This mfr. does that so people can change their vehicles to their liking. Their position is: You can always create a hole for a new shifter, etc., but you can't fill one if a shifter, etc. is no longer there. The mass backing seems like a worthwhile upgrade to me compared to carpets I've installed in the past. I'm glad to hear your opinion on that. From my perspective, the jury's still out on it. Once installed, it'll definitely be worth it, as the carpet is, thick, heavy, and "stable" with this mass-backing. The only downside for me is it's harder to work with / cut than the standard carpet. At the end of the day, I'll probably still be happier with the mass-backed, but it's sort of a toss up on whether it's worth the extra step of adding DynaMat and then the carpet or working with a more unwieldy material all at once. I'm thinking the mass-backed is going to be a better heat and sound insulating product once it's installed.

I have the front section 50% installed. Took me about two hours, but I work slow.

I'll post pictures when it's finished. PLEASE do! I still have not been able to come up with any post-installation 80 photos. I've got 60/62 and I'm about to have 100, but I need some 80 photos.

Thanks again for the update!
David

It's molded. Again, I haven't personally installed an 80 set yet, but I've installed several 60/62s from the same mfr., and they're AWESOME! In the process now of installing a 100 set of mass-backed. The jury's still out on the mass backing for me. It's an incredibly impressive product, but it makes installation more difficult (it's heavy, not as flexible, etc., but bman should it be QUIET!)

Is there a RHD version of the grey carpet available for a 1991 HDJ81?

Unfortunately not. They don't offer one with heel pads for those, and I don't know if the floor pans are even the same.

buying a set for yourself might be a good investment to post pics from, I’m interested but not without seeing what I’m buying.

Just getting ready to put the seats in now.

If you're looking for an easy installation, skip the mass backing. I'm 100% sure it's worth it in the long term, but it makes installation difficult.

I made a few mistakes, but they were my mistake, and not an issue with the product.

Very happy to have it all done, and very excited to hear how it sounds while driving.

any other folks have this in a tan LC - curious to see it installed w/ seats and in contrast to door panel etc....

E

If you can get some made put me first in line. I'm fairly sure the only difference is the heell pad location as I've seen a LHD 80 carpet kit installed in a RHD.

Unfortunately not. They don't offer one with heel pads for those, and I don't know if the floor pans are even the same.

............... I’m interested but not without seeing what I’m buying.

+1

i'd like to see a bit more before i commit to purchasing for myself. anyone has photos of their installed kits please post and share your thoughts....thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom