80 series bumper needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Crap. I killed a deer tonight. 60 mph smack in the middle of the bumper of the 96 FZJ80.
Bent the bumper beyond repair. Thank God that was all that got damaged and no one
save the poor doe got hurt. Man it was a whole herd of deer that came out of nowhere.
Slammed the ABS brakes but there were just too many. I think the poor doe was about 4th
or 5th in line. On coming car got one too. Both cars had no where to go with drop offs on both shoulders.
Any of you ARB wearers got one lying around you wish to sell?

Dayum Gundy!:eek:

Glad no one was hurt. Good news, though, I got ya covered. Will have one riding up with me and should arrive up in God's country by 10:30 PM friday night.

I knew I was saving this thing for a reason. :cheers:

Jim is DA MAN! We just talked. Earlier this week he was hauling stuff he cleared from his garage
to the scrap metal yard. He started to load the bumper and paused. He put it back in the
garage. He's heading this way tomorrow. :cheers:
Ohm...cruiser,cruiser,cruiser...Ohm

You know, they make this thing called a rifle. It makes things much easier.:p

Good to know the cruiser gods are watching your back.

Is the deer in the meat locker now....nothin like fresh vinicine!

Well darn I'm not fast enough cause I have one also. It's the one David gave me. It's the newer style and well I need the old style. The kind with the chrome trim. SO if anyone need a newer style let me know. It's free.

How good of shape is that puppy in? Jim's will need a paint job.
Is it that gray color? My plastic end pieces are in great shape
and I can use those on Jim's bumper but the center steel section
on Jim's old bumper will need a couple of little dings beat on and a paint.
It was on Jim's 80 after all and I'd expect a little ding or two given how our friend drives. :grinpimp:
That deer really smashed our bumper...dead center...pardon the pun. ;)

David I think it is in good shape. Though it might need paint. I've had it stuffed in my shed for 2 years. I want to say it's green but haven't looked at it.

If it needs paint then I'll go with Capt'n's bumper. Thanks for the offer. I was just hoping it was gray
and I would not have to have it painted. Hang on to that thing. The deer have gotten thick up here lately. ;)

Will do. I got it from David thinking I could use it to replace the one the Goodyear dealership destroyed. But it's a later model and I'd like to keep them the same.

If anyone out there has an early bumper in good shape give me a ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom