80 Series 1HD-T Conversion Cruise Control Question

I'm looking to get the cruise control, up & running on my 1HDT swapped 1995 FZJ80. From what I understand the diesel cruise works slightly different to the 1FZ cruise in that, on the diesel, the throttle cable goes the CC module on the fender and then a separate cable goes to the throttle assembly on the injection pump. (Please school me if that is incorrect!)

It would seem however that the diesel CC module is plug & play with the FZJ wiring harness? (Again, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Someone mentioned that I could use a 3FE CC module. I have no idea if that is correct, especially when it comes to being plug & play in the FZJ wiring harness.

Can anyone enlighten me on this? I seem to remember that @Rock40 used an HDJ81 CC module on his incredible build, but I imagine a 3FE one is easier to track down.

Thanks!

Can anyone enlighten me on this? I seem to remember that @Rock40 used an HDJ81 CC module on his incredible build, but I imagine a 3FE one is easier to track down.

Thanks!
I can confirm 3FE CC is the exact same set-up as on a early model HDJ81. The only difference is the routing of the accelerator cable (over the engine) compared to RHD.

Wiring connector is the same in both early model harnesses (pre-Aug '92). Unsure on later models.

perrobravo

SILVER Star
Here's a pic of the connector on the cruise control I pulled from my 1990 HDJ81.

All these bits are sitting in a box gathering dust, by the way, so if you can put them to use, drop me a line. Everything functioned as it should when I pulled it. I installed a Wholesale Automatics valve body in the A442F which doesn't allow cruise control, so I replaced the accelerator cable and decluttered the engine bay a bit by removing the control box pictured and 2 separate cables.

cruisecontrolconnector.jpeg

Here's a pic of the connector on the cruise control I pulled from my 1990 HDJ81.

All these bits are sitting in a box gathering dust, by the way, so if you can put them to use, drop me a line. Everything functioned as it should when I pulled it. I installed a Wholesale Automatics valve body in the A442F which doesn't allow cruise control, so I replaced the accelerator cable and decluttered the engine bay a bit by removing the control box pictured and 2 separate cables.

Thanks for the info! I just ordered a used 3FE module on eBay. If it's junk I'll definitely hit you up for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom