80 series 1991 factory turbo 12volt power supply problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys,
so i've had a 12 volt problem with pretty much all my interior electronics for about 1 year +
started small and occasionally for example
the revs on the cluster would drop out and come back in every now and then.
all the lights on the cluster would flash on and off (would seem to happen when i would drive over bumps)
slowly got more consistent
now just about everything inside drops in and out every 10 seconds. indicators don't work, head lights flicker and
pretty much everything else but starts fine.
i tested the power supply from the alternator and its was coming in at 9 volts. with a few other test i figured the alternator was having problems producing enough amps to run the car. replaced that this morning (140 amp) and the power supply to the car is pack to 14.2 but it has fixed nothing. i have checked all the earths i know of. (any sneaky ones people know of let me know) but i,m pretty stumped
wiring isn't my strong point lol.
cheers

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be a grounding issue to me too. Have you checked for continuity?

How about checking the fusible link?

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be a grounding issue to me too. Have you checked for continuity?

How about checking the fusible link?

hey man thats what ive been thinking all night. i have a multimeter but struggle to remember how to use it.

havent checked the fusible link.

will do these things today!!!
thanks mate

Youtube has great videos teaching how to test continuity. It’s a great way to track down electrical issues.

Last edited:
How did your search go today? Find anything?

Did you find the problem?!? There's another MUD member that is having a similar issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom