$80 Longfields New + Free Shipping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LT

Threads
hell I just bought a set and I don't even need em

freakin deal, $160 for a pair, no tax(even though I'm in WA) and no shiping..........how can a guy go wrong?

:)Still happy with my Smurfield! YMMV! :cheers:

Yeah, I got some Longs coming in... Gotta mention the PBB price, because when I checked the web it was still the old price, which isn't bad to begin with... Price wars are great for consumers though!

Don't forget to finish that FF axle!! If chromoly FF inners are ever available, I'll be going down that path, too!

Does he offer a warranty?

Not sure if he makes ones for 80's, but IIRC wasn't Slee runnin' some Bobby Long treated 80s birfs in that yellow fun-bus rig? If anything, I would bet he could atleast treat some 80s cores for ya.

Anyway, Bobby no longer longer offers warranty's on his longfields (and hasn't for quite some time) and frankly, I don't blame him. Plus the damn things are only $80 EACH. That's about half of what some cruiser parts places charge for STOCK, USED birfs. ::) Dude, just get 'em if you're even thinking about 'em. You couldn't go wrong at that price.

-Ferg-

I did order them, I just could not remember if he had stopped the warranty.

[quote author=allen_ajones link=board=1;threadid=8348;start=msg70881#msg70881 date=1070500696]
Do they (Bobby or AP) make these for the 80 series?
[/quote]
I talked to Bobby about this when I replaced the birf on my 93. After a good conversation, we decided that his treatment wasn't good for a street 80.

He basically *softens* the metal. This allows it to absorb more shock, which seems to be what breaks them. *Softer* makes them *stronger*, but they wear faster.

On a 40/60 etc. you have locking hubs and hardly ever use the birfs... not a problem.
On an 80 your birfs are ALWAYS turning/ wearing... problem.

I was afraid of how long they would last from the wear of normal street driving. He didn't really know.

He would treat a core for me if I wanted to though.
At the time, he didn't have any sourcing for 80 birfs, so you need a good one to send him.

man...... sold out! :'(

I just called and talked to Bobby, he said he'll be getting about 300 in the middle of next week.
He isn't taking pre-orders. :'(

Hopefully he'll continue the special price and I can get a pair this time!

that's what I get for taking a day off from the forums!! :slap:

I'm grumpy

Are Longfields a direct drop in, or are mods required? I have to rebuild my knuckles and replace front seals. If they just slot back to the diff like the old smurfs then this sounds like a good deal!

Mike

[quote author=offcamber40 link=board=1;threadid=8348;start=msg71654#msg71654 date=1070635302]
Are Longfields a direct drop in, or are mods required? I have to rebuild my knuckles and replace front seals. If they just slot back to the diff like the old smurfs then this sounds like a good deal!

Mike
[/quote]

Unless you have a mini or 79+ front end you will have to switch out the hubs to asian because the shaft is smaller. You will also have to grind ou the knuckle a little bit for it to fit.

Travis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom