80 Coil Spring Conversion For 60 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com

Last edited:
IMG_20200107_113240359.jpg
IMG_20200201_102304443.jpg

Last edited:
Watching this with interest...

@Kmonty66 care to share a few words on the product and ride?

J
Anyone who has brought any of the TT products knows the quality is the best and product support is the same. About the "ride quality", not something you usually bring up when you own a 60-62. I have never had a problem with the way my 62 rides its stiff you feel all the bumps and it makes me feel like a real man driving a truck even more so after I had the H55 install. Stiff ride and a stick shift to play with, sorry I digress. Anyways after driving my 100 around for a few months exclusively which I really like for all that the 100 is and the 62 is not. So now I go from driving the 100 to the updated 62 coils and 80 axles I'm like hmmm doesn't feel much different than my 100... Think about that...after driving my 62 for a couple weeks I started to noticed how much better it was than the 100. As I said earlier I like stiff suspensions I don't drive what I drive to feel like I'm driving a Cadillac (100) but the 62 feels better in everyday IMO. Bumps, drivability and yes handling, its a little surreal when I'm driving it. I drive 40 miles each day on a pretty winding rode and here is where I notice the upgrade the most. I'm really excited and interested in hearing how the rear coils turn out, pretty sure as someone said "game changer" .

Well done J!

Intrigued by this. Ok silly question- does the kit include spring perches & control arm mounts to be welded to my 60 axle? or does this kit require one to also swap over to an 80 axle?

The 2 kits shown above need 80 axles. I will be working on another kit that will convert 60 axles to coils for a 60.

J

Been dreaming about this Setup J! I'm talking to someone with some 80 axles right now. Obviously it would be more realistic for me to do it with the 60 axles I already have, so I am interested to see how that setup runs in comparison. But I'm going to send you a DM to see what else I need for this so I can start collecting parts. Thank you for always putting in the work so that all of us can have rad 60s!

Been dreaming about this Setup J! I'm talking to someone with some 80 axles right now. Obviously it would be more realistic for me to do it with the 60 axles I already have, so I am interested to see how that setup runs in comparison. But I'm going to send you a DM to see what else I need for this so I can start collecting parts. Thank you for always putting in the work so that all of us can have rad 60s!

In addition to the bracket kit you will need- complete steering components, new TREs, 80 pitman arm, radius arms, caster correction plates (varies pending lift height), coils, shocks, steering stabilizer and I highly recommend an adjustable panhard bar.

You will need to source a pre 4/94 front axle if you want an easy transition to freewheel hubs, otherwise you will need to machine the later outer birfs and add a groove 8mm further inward. You can get by with not doing this by using AVM hubs that come with spacers, but they don't have the best track record for strength and quality. Aisin hubs is where I will push all my customers.

@cruiseroutfit has new hubs and the correct outer birfs if yours are in need of replacing or simply don't want to deal with machining the groove.

Jason

Last edited:
In addition to the bracket kit you will need- complete steering components, new TREs, 80 pitman arm, radius arms, caster correction plates (varies pending lift height), coils, shocks, steering stabilizer and I highly recommend an adjustable panhard bar.

You will need to source a pre 4/94 front axle if you want an easy transition to freewheel hubs, otherwise you will need to machine the later outer birfs and add a groove 8mm further inward. You can get by with not doing this by using AVM hubs that come with spacers, but they don't have the best track record for strength and quality. Aisin hubs is where I will push all my customers.

@cruiseroutfit has new hubs and the correct outer birfs if yours are in need of replacing or simply don't want to deal with machining the groove.

Jason

Thanks J! Adding it all up and I will look for a pre 4/94 axle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom