80/100 vs Cruiser Tech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
well, we've gotta more replies but way fewer topics...
what does this mean?
we're more of the blabbermouth type (not me, eh) or they have more tech trouble than we do or they are more dedicated or they have fewer opinions or...
what?
E

I think number one :D

Mike

Don't have time to post. Too busy fixing their rig/s. :D Just kidding.. :flipoff2:

[quote author=FJ809496TLC link=board=2;threadid=10236;start=msg91427#msg91427 date=1074383734]
Don't have time to post. Too busy fixing their rig/s. :D Just kidding.. :flipoff2:
[/quote]

Just wait when our 80 gets older :whoops:

Mike

could also be because most 80's/100's are newer, less time for breakage.

cruiser tech covers more models, and more wheelers own 40's 55's 60's etc. more soccer mums own 80's/100's. and we all know how much you soccer moms like to gossip :)

p.s. how do you do junk's signature fawk you smilie in quick reply

Like this :flipoff2:. :D Soccer moms moved on to bigger things (Sequoias). :cheers:

You can type in 'colon' flipoff2 'colon'
-B-

Wasn't the 80/100 created long after the Cruiser Tech forum was made? Anyone know how many topics later we were created?

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=10236;start=msg91630#msg91630 date=1074435234]
Just wait when our 80 gets older :whoops:

Mike
[/quote]

I was just thinking that today. I had a 1984 BJ60 that had about 250K on the clock. While it was a little rusty in a few spots it was dead simple and always started and ran great.

When my 80 gets to that age and mileage, I'm a little worried about how many electrical and gadget thingeys are going to break. In 10 years the 80/100 board post frequency will be balanced out because we will have less time to post (doing repairs) verses all the complicated questions we will be asking of each other to keep these creatures running.

The head gasket replacement job will be discussed as much as (and have as many tech pages as) the birfield job. :rolleyes:

Enjoy it while you can cause if you've got an 80, that's the best & last model (sorry 100 guys). ;)

Really depressing to think of 15 years from now and Dan's retired and off wheeling somewhere... what will we do for parts?.... the horror.. the horror.... :'(

We'd have even less topics if they all the threads on tire size, oil viscosity, and front end maint were consolidated. heck, we'd have like 10 topics. :flipoff2:

yeah junks right we can search unlike you noobs :flipoff2: (hope that works)

(edited out so i don't cause offence) :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=2;threadid=10236;start=msg92038#msg92038 date=1074515554]
yeah junks right we can search unlike you noobs :flipoff2: (hope that works)

and i woulda thought 100 series with solid front axle would be as cool as an 80... almost forgot... you guys don't get them :flipoff2:
[/quote]

Be careful with the last statement. Someone with the name B will tell you that you use a cricket bat to hit the head of all members in this forum :doh:

Mike

IMO, it's experience...the other models are all similar in many respects, and the fact that they are 20 years old means most of the breakages have been experienced by someone already...so it's a one to two post answer and viola...done.

For the 80-100 guys, yer rigs are new enuf that you end up diagnosing things that no one has witnessed. Hell, it took how many posts to fix a $3 plug on cdan's rig? hehehehe

don't encourage them woody, it's because their soccer moms with hilux (minitruck) 3rd members up fron (something like that)

i seriously think it's cause there's more in depth to a newer vehicle. a 40 either something's there and it shouldn't be, or it;s not there, and we gotta fill the void with something (usually duct tape)

a hole in the block is easier to spot than a broken wire hidden somewhere in the onboard brain.

that's only cause you got the smart shopper discount.

Actually though, I think the plug he's talking about is the cork you're sitting on. :flipoff2: :D :D

Just be glad sparky didn't mess ya up before that plug went. One handed would mean a few more days missed.

Then again, we 80/100 folks do hijack more often. And we all know how fond of cricket bats Asia Mike seems to be. :flipoff2: :D :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=10236;start=msg92213#msg92213 date=1074539994]
that's only cause you got the smart shopper discount.

Actually though, I think the plug he's talking about is the cork you're sitting on. :flipoff2: :D :D

Just be glad sparky didn't mess ya up before that plug went. One handed would mean a few more days missed.

Then again, we 80/100 folks do hijack more often. And we all know how fond of cricket bats Asia Mike seems to be. :flipoff2: :D :D
[/quote]

Junk,

I have a very huge cricket bat for you :flipoff2: :D

Mike

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=10236;start=msg92611#msg92611 date=1074591490]
Junk,

I have a very huge cricket bat for you :flipoff2: :D

Mike
[/quote]

Junk, I think he likes you!!

>> I have a very huge cricket bat for you <<

Now we know you're bragging.

:D

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom