80 - 100 Crawler gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yourphoto.com
For those looking for a crawler gears for their 80 or 100.

http://www.marks4wd.com/Cruiser-Crawler.htm

price is $3500 AUD with today's conversion that is $2632.00 US. The AUD price has GST, they might take that off if it is being shipped out of the country. Advance Adapters is one of their US distributors. Make sure you read the fine print. "transmission tunnel needs to be modified .. fuel tank will also require modification"

Amando

Maybe I'm missing something, but for an auto, I think this would be almost a total waste. Driving two-footed using the torque coverter etc, seems to work fine. Never seen any time where the obstacle could not be handled that way. Of course for stick, it would make sense.

Let's see how long it takes for him to put one on. It will be a month or so before AA gets them here probably. If I don't like it in my 80 I will put it in my 55 with the 1FZ and H150F :D

Landcruiser related? I hear they have one or two over there :D

Junk,

I would think lower gearing would improve the one area an auto isn't great at...

engine braking on an incline.

Now crawling up rocks, etc is one thing (and a box would reduce wear and tear as well as heat), but coming back down is where I think it would shine.

Heck, I'd take one ;)

I read an article about Arctic Trucks having 15 forward gears (double low) years ago.. Must be their own built crawl box. :-\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom