78 windshield wipers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In S. Utah I only need to use my wipers once in a while, so I've lived with this problem for a while. The shafts are stuck in the sleeves that mount them. The whole assembly turns till the nuts loosen enough that there is too much slop to function. Tighten the nuts too much and they won't move either. I know the cure is taking them apart for starters. Any tips? Liquid wrench hasn't helped so for and I have been leary of getting more aggressive without some advice. Also, if any body knows of an upgrade? It isn't any secret that they suck at best. I used to plow snow so I know what I'm talking about, do you? Anybody?
[move] ???[/move]

In S. Utah I only need to use my wipers once in a while, so Ive lived with this problem for a while. The shafts are stuck in the sleeves that mount them. The whole assembly turns till the nuts loosen enough that there is too much slop to function. Tighten the nuts too much and they wont move either. I know the cure is taking them apart for starters. Any tips? Liquid wrench hasnt helped so for and I have been leary of getting more aggressive without some advice. Also, if any body knows of an upgrade? It isnt any secret that they suck at best. I used to plow snow so I know what Im talking about, do you? Anybody? [move] ???[/move]

I have the same problem, I know if you tilt the windshield down you can gain access to the linkage. Of course that means if you have the hard top on like me it needs to come off. I will let you know if I find another fix. I also have a 78 FJ 40

its been a while but i think there is a small clip on the end of the rod that has to be removed so you can pull it out of the sleeve.ive also drilled a small hole in the brass sleeve and lubed them through the hole, that doesnt always work if there realy seized up .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom