'78 55 Taillights........ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ll have to do that, but still wondering if anyone knows a way to have these reproduced?

I have been wanting to try this on a few projects.

I’ve got these from my 78. Been inside a box since I bought them from Classic Cruisers in 2011. Pass side has some chips, but is covered by trim. PM if interested .

320BF2D8-CF23-4106-AE03-FCCC16FD6938.jpeg

B41EB1C6-4848-4D34-9695-21299AFC8CC5.jpeg

I have been wanting to try this on a few projects.

I’ve been wanting to try that as well, it just looks overly complicated for this day and age. Maybe this is how it’s still done, but not sure. Both my lenses are good so I could get a good mold.

I was going to redo all my lenses in a smoked clear. Black basically. My side markers are still incandescent for now but I modified the front blinkers and the rear to be LED. So the red and amber comes from the light and not the lens. This process looks like it is a bit of work and money for the material. I like the idea of all black everything, but still on the fence on this process.

Here is the latest word from Toyota Heritage.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your email enquiry.

We currently make and sell the lenses for the 1971 to 1977 models: Land Cruiser FJ55 Tail light lenses (1971 to 1977) - https://www.toyotaheritage.com/index.php/shop/suv-4wds/land-cruiser/land-cruiser-j50/43-land-cruiser-fj55-tail-light-lenses-1971-to-1977

The later type are on the drawing board and we are slowly getting to them. Probably after Xmas we'll have them on the market.

Please follow us on Facebook where we launch all new products to our range. We also have a latest products page on our website that you may like to check every so often - it can be found at this link: Shop - https://www.toyotaheritage.com/index.php/latest-products

Best regards, Gary

They have carpet sets for 72-80

Darn, I did NOT need to know that @gonzopancho !!!

They have carpet sets for 72-80
They also have the lenses for the lights in the '69 grille.

They say they have an amber version, but I did not see it, no link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom