78 2F air injection port tap help - really boogered up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dmaddox

SILVER Star
Threads
Resmogging an FJ40 and there are mauled up and trashed air injection port plugs (brass). They are IN THERE. Heat, drill, you name it.

It appears the air injection nozzle is an M12x1.5mm thread. A tap will not fit in there, as most taps are beveled/tapered and hit the lans where the air injection nozzle is intended to seat.

I have lost an 9/16" wrench, four shop rags, two flat head screw drivers and any chance of a happy misses after she overheard my summoning the fury of hell in the drive way. I am about to set this (#)$E)(##( thing ablaze.

So, now I have three plugs out, two stripped (and mind you three broken flat head hammer screwdriver bits trying to beat the hell out of them), and one with a hole through it where I tried to seat an extractor, and the extractor just spun the core of it out like butter because its brass.

I tried to run an M12x1.5mm tap in there but the nose of it bottoms out on the lans of the air nozzle seat.

Whats left other than pulling the 2F head off and throwing it into the north atlantic?

Thank you for listening and any ideas you might have.

I thought that all of the plumbing on these rigs was Japanese Industrial Standard (akin to British Standard), with the exception of the spark plugs (which are metric). On my injection plugs, I have to use a fractional allen key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom