74 PA PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@smooth you've done a great job with the exterior and interior, thank you for keeping the rust demons away for another pig for a little bit longer.. I enjoyed following your painting journey and look forward to see what else you do with it..

@smooth you've done a great job with the exterior and interior, thank you for keeping the rust demons away for another pig for a little bit longer.. I enjoyed following your painting journey and look forward to see what else you do with it..

Thanks for the compliments. Small project in comparison to your build. Your knowledge, skill and drive are to be admired. Finish strong.

Took a few pictures of my trip this week to New England. Primary objective was to visit BobM and show him first hand his replacement parts with color on them.

Figured I might as well make it a cruising trip, take a few days and see some of New England thru the windshield of the PIG. Wife mentioned she would like to ride along and I confirmed with her we'd be taking the PIG. She was good with it and agreed to go without any grief or comments. That's a good woman.

Based on distance, the objective was to spend two days to get to New Hampshire. Set aside a day to visit Bob and take two more days to get home. Planned time away 5 days. Set the GPS to disregard any highways or toll roads. Back roads only. Not a lot of distance per day, approximately 250-300 miles but with the average speed on the back roads it was 5-6 hrs per day of driving. No driving at night and set aside a few hours each day to explore the towns we were staying in.

Packing was easy and light. No camping staying in a lakefront B&B, an Inn and a waterfront resort.

753.jpg

First stop was Northville, NY in the southern Adirondaks.

754.jpg

752.jpg

Knew we we on the tail end of the leaf peeper season. Preferred to stay away from the crowds. Still was able to catch some beautiful sights, makes for some enjoyable driving.

760.jpg

Day two was my favorite drive. Traveled west to east across New York through Vermont and across New Hampshire. Destination was Wolfeboro NH. The ride was awesome through the countryside, along the many lakes and through the small towns. Wolfeboro is only a few miles from Bob. Set up there so the wife could shop while I went to visit Bob on Wednesday. Wolfboro advertises itself as the US Oldest Resort.

758.jpg

756.jpg

If you haven't figured it out, we like to find water to stay. Enjoy the views, the boating life and environment.

746.jpg

As Bob posted we had a great visit on Wednesday. Thursday we headed south to Jefferson, NY where we found a great Inn with some rich history and an excellent restaurant. Friday was the final leg home to PA.

By the way, the PIG preformed flawlessly. No issues. The new King Ranch seats and center console set up were as good as it gets. Looking forward to the next ride.

Nice trip. You must be an oil baron or something to afford a Pig and Filson gear.

Nice trip. You must be an oil baron or something to afford a Pig and Filson gear.

I'll go with the "or something" but oil baron would be nice.

Discovered Filson years ago when I was looking for Made in America quality products. The problem is, like Land Cruisers, Filson becomes addictive.

This is the thread with utility boy wheel lips @DieselFJ

See:

74 PA PIG - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/74-pa-pig.1183668/page-3#post-12846299

and

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom