73 fj40 need some expert advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi im new here and have spent the last month that ive owned my cruiser on here getting great ideas. I have a sbc to stock 3spd and tcase both are very noisy. I have sprung it over without turning the front and now my front driveline wont run at the steep angle. I want to go to a auto and move my rear axle back by flipping my springs. I have two choices, I have a 350 205, and a 350 dana 300. I will use a v6 tacoma rear axle but im not sure which would be better overall, and also if i go to a different tcase further back it seems like my front driveline angle will be relieved and i will not have to turn the front axle. This is my daily driver and each day it is down i have to drive the wifes car so i am trying to know everything i need to get and do, to swap the trans as quickly as possible. Thankyou all very much

Cutting and turning the knuckles sounds like an easier solution to your problems.

There is nothing wrong with a 350 auto, but if you really want one why not just get a Blazer and save yourself all the work.

I have a V-8 with an auto in to an Orion T-Case and in my opintion there is no better set up for wheeling or street driving. I would spin the front springs 1st if you have not done so. No body to cut like you will with the back.

well im having the front diff turned now so it will work better no matter what trans i go with because i have been reading a lot of positives for a sm420 or a 465. I just dont know if it would be better with a 205 or with the stock 3spd tcase any opions would be great as i only want to do it once thanks

a 205 is alot stronger then the stock transfer so if you have it thats fine otherwise the orion cant be beat. automatic are a lot better for off road so there is advantage in my opinion. also you can put a cvjoint in there that might fix the problem of the steep angle for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom