'73 FJ40 Hasn't moved in 10 years....

Now it's mine.

The PO said she thinks it needs a carburetor. From the volume of droppings inside its been a cozy home to pack rats for most of those 10 years. Once I get it home I'll see if the engine will turn.
fj40_A.jpg
fj40_B.jpg
FJ40_C.jpg

landcrusher909

Hobbyist
SILVER Star

Thats Bitchin !!!! and theres nothing like getting something running thats been sitting for awhile, Where is Anza ? Woudnt mind coming over and watching you bring her back to life. Make sure you have someone with a movie camera.

Anza is between Temecula and Palm Desert. I've heard putting a little kerosene in the cylinders and letting it sit is a good idea if it hasn't run for a long time.

nuclearlemon

not an addict

congrats! looks like potential to be a great score. hope it doesn't smell too bad from all the rats...that smell's a pita to get out

Great shape for a rig that has sprouted roots. I disagree, I wouldn't change a thing. Clean up the interior, re-upholster the seats, buff and wax the exterior and that's an easy 10k 40 in my neck of the woods. Keep the wheels.

Although that roll bar tells me that some big mods have been done by a PO so check for filler everywhere. :cheers:

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers

Congrats!

I found the mice and marmots liked the wiring in the glove box and the ones going through the windshield to the wiper motor. They seem to have left the rest of them alone.

Good luck on the work ahead of you.

Send a PM to DomSmith here on MUD although there are several "Mudders" in your area.

Last edited:
Top Bottom