'73 FJ40 Hasn't moved in 10 years.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now it's mine.

The PO said she thinks it needs a carburetor. From the volume of droppings inside its been a cozy home to pack rats for most of those 10 years. Once I get it home I'll see if the engine will turn.
fj40_A.jpg
fj40_B.jpg
FJ40_C.jpg

Welcome to Mud! :flipoff2:

Damn that body looks killer! Post up some under hood pics.

I traded 2 years of internet service for it. About a $1K value.

Hopefully the rats haven't chewed the wiring much.
FJ40_H.jpg
FJ40_I.jpg
FJ40_E.jpg

Thats Bitchin !!!! and theres nothing like getting something running thats been sitting for awhile, Where is Anza ? Woudnt mind coming over and watching you bring her back to life. Make sure you have someone with a movie camera.

Anza is between Temecula and Palm Desert. I've heard putting a little kerosene in the cylinders and letting it sit is a good idea if it hasn't run for a long time.

congrats! looks like potential to be a great score. hope it doesn't smell too bad from all the rats...that smell's a pita to get out

That looks like a great starting point. I wish the bodies on my rigs were that good.

Great shape for a rig that has sprouted roots. I disagree, I wouldn't change a thing. Clean up the interior, re-upholster the seats, buff and wax the exterior and that's an easy 10k 40 in my neck of the woods. Keep the wheels.

Although that roll bar tells me that some big mods have been done by a PO so check for filler everywhere. :cheers:

Anza is between Temecula and Palm Desert. I've heard putting a little kerosene in the cylinders and letting it sit is a good idea if it hasn't run for a long time.

I will pm you my number give me a call and maybe I can make it down I live in Yucaipa so its not that far. Here is one of my favorite start ups :popcorn:YouTube - 1965 Toyota FJ-45

Congrats!

I found the mice and marmots liked the wiring in the glove box and the ones going through the windshield to the wiper motor. They seem to have left the rest of them alone.

Good luck on the work ahead of you.

Send a PM to DomSmith here on MUD although there are several "Mudders" in your area.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom