70 series parts jackpot! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lowenbrau

SILVER Star
Threads
Forgive me if this is a repost but Christos has some pics of the mother of all 70 series junkyards on his page. Can you imagine how many trucks this pile if headache racks represents? No wonder Toyota doesn't consider North America much of a Cruiser market.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/trails/south_africa/South_Africa_2004.htm
headache_Edit_1.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dammit, by the subject line I thought YOU had the 70 series jackpot!

Ya that is bad, why not fill a container and bring some of that stuff back???

Bruce, did you buy that FJ45 you posted in a filed awhile back??

Rob

Wow, a four-door troopie conversion:

DSC00349.jpg

Six doors, really.

Dave

I remember asking Christo about the parts (and the yard) and he said they weren't cheap... they know what they have :D else they wouldn't keep em around

If I had only known then what I know now!!!!

(spent 8 weeks in SA a number of years ago visiting my sister).

Beautiful country...

gb

YA , I did the same. Was in SA a couple years ago. Never thought about it then.

but I would love to have a 70's box for a cool utility trailer. Thats my thing now. Looking for a trailer. Want the back end of a Tacoma or such. But a 70's would work great.

if the price was right I would go for a stock box and headache rack. I wonder if we all got together what the prices would be for a container of 75 series parts.
I volunteer to go down an pick the stuff over... if everyone paid $100 each that should cover the expenses...
cool idea.

That's a lot of bakkies!

I wonder if they have 70's brake light covers!?
hehe

Hey Wes,

how did you manage to break a heaklight with that ARB bullbar on the front of your 70 series?

Cheers,

Michael

Stone shields don't protect from tree roots. :crybaby:

The root was at just the right angle. We were headed up this trail and I just got done pulling a fresh 50 or 60 ft pine down out of the trail and the next one that had fallen over fell out of the trail but the roots were sticking up. I though the bar would push them out of the way. Stupid me roots don't flex as much as limbs. Plus the limbs out here don't give as much as they do back east. :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom