70 series Landcruiser Troopy expedition build - Frame off. (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front door windows, latches and locks are in all new hardware. Also the side window with Sika 221. Waiting for some wool sound insulation for the inside firewall. After that is electrical.

Not sure how to finish the side windows inside window sill. My thought is to fill it up with acrylic water proof caulking material that is gray as the interior, or just paint it with the body color. Otherwise the finish looks very crude in my opinion.

View attachment 3581832
I was considering the explore glazing windows, can you post some photos from the inside?

I was considering the explore glazing windows, can you post some photos from the inside?
Sure. In Hawaii for a week. Troopy gets to rest. I like these windows. Got them from Alex at FitGarage all 4 for about $1K. They recommend drilling and screwing. I did not like that so I used Sika 221.

The inside the 70 side windows is very ‘rustic’. I’m planning to fill the gap with acrylic caulking like a bathroom. Either color or paintable. At Home Depot they matched my color with DTM.

Give me a week for the photos.

So some bad new and some good news. I am pulling the drivetrain out and swapping the engine.

I just came across a 1HDFT that a good friend sold me. Less than 100k miles. Could not resist. Would be nice to have both 80 and the troopy with the same engine. I know it's a bit insane, but none of us is really normal people...

First photo is the 1HDT that is coming out.

IMG_8646.JPG
tempImagebk5wjD.png
tempImageXYgPV5.png

This weekend I spent doing little things. I’ll change some connectors to Deutsch. I’m missing the mating connectors to some harnesses and have unlimited supply of all Deutsch products. Also a $1500 crisper that kept after a project ended.

I can’t find the two hoses that come out of the evaporator in the firewall. We are machining the nuts and tubes that fit there and TIG weld it to crimp fittings.

I am also missing the harness that connects to the two connectors in the evaporator and the AC controller. I have an after market evaporator and debating to use it.

One of the spider bearings in the steering wheel is ‘loose’ so I have to deal with that. But then again… I asked for this project.

Front photo, it looks like a pirate with one headlight. 😀

IMG_2831.jpeg
IMG_2833.jpeg
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom