70 series brake bleeder adapter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks,

I have the standard motive power bleeder brake bleeder adapter with the chains, and that works just OK. If it's not seated right, it leaks like crazy and makes a mess.

Has anyone made or found a brake bleeder from the likes of PowerProbe that works with our brake master cylinders? The ID I believe is 2" 1/4-3/8's and ED is 2.5"

I wish there was a BA10-style equavalent that worked with our odd-sized reservoirs.

I remember looking for such a thing for a while. I ended by making my own with all-thread clamps, not chain.
I think the reason mine works well is I bought an air regulator that provides low pressure. Not even 10 psi if I recall correctly.

I have never found one. And, you are right, it's a giant PITA and makes a mess. I have the Euro cap and it works fantastic on Land Rovers. Mo mess or leaking. No idea why they don't make a proper cap for the various Toyotas.

My preferred tool.

70F340B8-80EE-45A0-AD98-F3679A81FEC0.jpeg
348809F7-EC00-46C1-B57F-5E288CEFA109.jpeg

Cheers

It is a one man bleeding kit.

The wrench goes over your brake bleeder. It seals to it using an o-ring. The hose has a one-way check valve. Hose attaches to the wrench.

Hook it all up and it is super easy to use by yourself and works great.

Cheers

I use the motive power bleeder, it is clumsy but works. Got a nicer bit of ss chain tho. Have not had troubles with spillage. Very happy really. Changed the master brake cylinder recently with a terrain tamer, that has a different sized reservoir. Still worked ok.

The wrench goes over your brake bleeder. It seals to it using an o-ring. The hose has a one-way check valve. Hose attaches to the wrench.

Cheers

Got a brand name / link to buy it .?

Eastwood tools has one that is really similar but not the same brand. It’s about $45. I don’t know about the quality.

Cheers
I think I understand how this works but I guess I would need to find a youtube video of this in action :)

Hook adapter+hose+valve to bleeder, open bleeder some, then sit in seat and pump brakes...I think.

Hook adapter+hose+valve to bleeder, open bleeder some, then sit in seat and pump brakes...I think.

More or less. I do it with my hand while squatting so I can look under the truck and see when all the air is out of the hose.

Cheers

what I do like about the motive power bleeder is that there is no pedal pumping involved. Some say if the cylinders are worn or rusted, pumping the pedal all the way can make things worse..

I used the Motive bleeder last week with the universal adapter. I just took my time and used my brain and was able to pressurize the system without spilling a single drop of brake fluid. I was able to flush out all of the old fluid and air, and now have clean fresh fluid.

I really am happy with my motive bleeder. It gave me the confidence to be able to change my brake master, clutch master and slave cylinders without a manslave servant.
Very satisfying to have clean hydraulics.

Had an HDJ81 I bled myself recently using the above tool. Wanted to bleed it again with another person to make double sure there was no air left in the system.

Not a single bubble came out. :)

Cheers

You can also use a simple hand vacuum pump that will work on any vehicle no adapter needed and a one man job. Big thing is to just remember to top off the master-cylinder with fluid to prevent air from getting into the system while completing the work.

39522_zzz_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom