70 series brake bleeder adapter?

Folks,

I have the standard motive power bleeder brake bleeder adapter with the chains, and that works just OK. If it's not seated right, it leaks like crazy and makes a mess.

Has anyone made or found a brake bleeder from the likes of PowerProbe that works with our brake master cylinders? The ID I believe is 2" 1/4-3/8's and ED is 2.5"

I wish there was a BA10-style equavalent that worked with our odd-sized reservoirs.

jblueridge

SILVER Star
I remember looking for such a thing for a while. I ended by making my own with all-thread clamps, not chain.
I think the reason mine works well is I bought an air regulator that provides low pressure. Not even 10 psi if I recall correctly.

I have never found one. And, you are right, it's a giant PITA and makes a mess. I have the Euro cap and it works fantastic on Land Rovers. Mo mess or leaking. No idea why they don't make a proper cap for the various Toyotas.

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor

It is a one man bleeding kit.

The wrench goes over your brake bleeder. It seals to it using an o-ring. The hose has a one-way check valve. Hose attaches to the wrench.

Hook it all up and it is super easy to use by yourself and works great.

Cheers

I use the motive power bleeder, it is clumsy but works. Got a nicer bit of ss chain tho. Have not had troubles with spillage. Very happy really. Changed the master brake cylinder recently with a terrain tamer, that has a different sized reservoir. Still worked ok.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

The wrench goes over your brake bleeder. It seals to it using an o-ring. The hose has a one-way check valve. Hose attaches to the wrench.

Cheers
Got a brand name / link to buy it .?

JMasi

Eastwood tools has one that is really similar but not the same brand. It’s about $45. I don’t know about the quality.

coldtaco

Cheers
I think I understand how this works but I guess I would need to find a youtube video of this in action :)

what I do like about the motive power bleeder is that there is no pedal pumping involved. Some say if the cylinders are worn or rusted, pumping the pedal all the way can make things worse..

Top Bottom